ArduinoGeneral

avrdude: stk500_recv(): Programmer Not Responding

userHead rhearob 2014-11-30 12:55:32 9077 Views19 Replies
Hello,

I am a newb to the DFRobot BLUNO family, so pardon me if this is redundant. I am working on a bluetooth sensor system and was using the BLUNO Nano's as the MC for my prototype. I was troubleshooting some issues with the 16x2 LCD not displaying when suddenly, the Nano programmer stopped responding at all. I tried everything from updating firmware, resets, nothing seems to work.

I've scoured the WIKI and find no help. I have two BLUNO Nano's and both behave the same way. My Arduino set up is:

Board: Arduino UNO
Programmer: AVRISP Mk II

The red light on the board is on constantly, I see the TX and RX lights flash briefly and the L light flash briefly when I try to upload.
Can any of you vets on the boards point me in the right direction?
2014-12-31 10:28:18 Hello,you can try an idea : you download the code,while arduino ide displaying 'Uploading...' press the reset button userHeadPic Joyce8816
2014-12-31 10:28:18 Hello,you can try an idea : you download the code,while arduino ide displaying 'Uploading...' press the reset button userHeadPic Joyce8816
2014-12-31 09:38:12 [quote="Grey"]
Hello,

Both of Bluno Nanos have the same issue?
Could you attach your code and hardware connection?
Did you connect anything to Nano RX and TX pins?
[/quote]

This happens with nothing attached.  I am connecting the BLUNO through the USB port on my computer, using the arduino software, I am using the Arduino UNO as the board, /dev/tty.usbmodemfa131 as the serial port, and AVRISP Mk II as the programmer.  I have tried the different programmers and flashing the firmware. 
userHeadPic rhearob
2014-12-31 09:38:12 [quote="Grey"]
Hello,

[/quote]

This happens with nothing attached.  I am connecting the BLUNO through the USB port on my computer, using the arduino software, I am using the Arduino UNO as the board, /dev/tty.usbmodemfa131 as the serial port, and AVRISP Mk II as the programmer.  I have tried the different programmers and flashing the firmware. 
userHeadPic rhearob
2014-12-08 00:14:12 Not sure,

What is about the PC Device Manager? Does the device show "Arduino UNO"? Have you tried to burn a new firmware? What is your Operating System and Arduino IDE version?  Could you change another one and try again?
userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-12-08 00:14:12 Not sure,

What is about the PC Device Manager? Does the device show "Arduino UNO"? Have you tried to burn a new firmware? What is your Operating System and Arduino IDE version?  Could you change another one and try again?
userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-12-05 06:44:16 Noim sorry im confused., its not the link led. The L Led is blinking beside the on led whenver i plug the bluno nano on my computer. What do u think is happening. userHeadPic miallyrey
2014-12-05 06:44:16 Noim sorry im confused., its not the link led. The L Led is blinking beside the on led whenver i plug the bluno nano on my computer. What do u think is happening. userHeadPic miallyrey
2014-12-05 02:10:23 Hi,

The Link led is blinking? What is about the Pair led? also blinking?
If yes, I think it lost its firmware. Try to upload a new one.
userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-12-05 02:10:23 Hi,

The Link led is blinking? What is about the Pair led? also blinking?
If yes, I think it lost its firmware. Try to upload a new one.
userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-12-04 05:37:18 Yeah its pretty strange and im freakin out already. Im not doing anything i just plug the bluno nano and i try to upload the blink sketch but the error programming not responding appeared. Yes the link led is blinking. userHeadPic miallyrey
2014-12-04 05:37:18 Yeah its pretty strange and im freakin out already. Im not doing anything i just plug the bluno nano and i try to upload the blink sketch but the error programming not responding appeared. Yes the link led is blinking. userHeadPic miallyrey
2014-12-04 04:41:31 Hello Marian,

It is a little strange, could you attach your hardware connection?
Is the "link" led on? Or something is plugged on the board?
userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-12-04 04:41:31 Hello Marian,

It is a little strange, could you attach your hardware connection?
Is the "link" led on? Or something is plugged on the board?
userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-12-04 02:33:56 im also new to this, there are so many things to configure and I can't even start coding because im having the same problem. Im trying to upload the blink sketch and avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding what can i do about this.. userHeadPic miallyrey
2014-12-04 02:33:56 im also new to this, there are so many things to configure and I can't even start coding because im having the same problem. Im trying to upload the blink sketch and avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding what can i do about this.. userHeadPic miallyrey
2014-12-02 15:03:59 Hello,

userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-12-02 15:03:59 Hello,

userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-11-30 12:55:32 Hello,

I am a newb to the DFRobot BLUNO family, so pardon me if this is redundant.  I am working on a bluetooth sensor system and was using the BLUNO Nano's as the MC for my prototype.  I was troubleshooting some issues with the 16x2 LCD not displaying when suddenly, the Nano programmer stopped responding at all.  I tried everything from updating firmware, resets, nothing seems to work.

I've scoured the WIKI and find no help.  I have two BLUNO Nano's and both behave the same way.  My Arduino set up is:

Board:  Arduino UNO
Programmer:  AVRISP Mk II

The red light on the board is on constantly, I see the TX and RX lights flash briefly and the L light flash briefly when I try to upload.
Can any of you vets on the boards point me in the right direction? 
userHeadPic rhearob