Telematics General

Re: Arduino OBD-II UART adapter questions and inquries

userHead Feanur 2013-05-26 00:30:37 256982 Views89 Replies

I bought the OBD II Adapter because I want control Leds. The idea ist that the car speed kontrolls the leds. I have used the PID_SPEED funktion but it does not work?
I use the Arduino Mega 2560 R3. I have connectet the yellow cable with Rx0 and the blue with Tx0. The green cable have i connectet to the GND at the ICSP and the red cable at the 5 V at the ICSP. Is this correct?
I have tryed the sample with the RPM on an Arduino UNO an it works. Where is my problem?
2013-07-05 11:53:16 Thanks Stanley and Mighty.  I was using MicroChip's MPIDE and ran in to compatibility issues.  I switched to the Arduino and it compiled fine. The problem I am having now is that the code is to big for a Nano.  Do you have a version of OBDlogger without the GPS code? userHeadPic Gatorjon
2013-07-05 11:53:16 Thanks Stanley and Mighty.  I was using MicroChip's MPIDE and ran in to compatibility issues.  I switched to the Arduino and it compiled fine. The problem I am having now is that the code is to big for a Nano.  Do you have a version of OBDlogger without the GPS code? userHeadPic Gatorjon
2013-07-04 02:03:05 [quote="Gatorjon"]
When I build the OBD Logger, I get numerous errors:
|

obdlogger.ino|176|error: could not convert 'init()' to 'bool'|

Am I doing something wrong?
[/quote]

Looks like you are missing the library. Did you #include "obd.h" and are the files in your arduino libraries folder.
The obd.h and obd.cpp files contain the code that tells the arduino what functions like 'readSensor' mean and what to do. Usually when you get errors like that it means it's not finding the code that defines those functions, and usually either you didn't #include "file.h" or the file is not where the compiler knows to look for it.

Hope this helps, I was beating my head with that naught but a couple weeks ago, and a programmer friend helped me out.
userHeadPic Mighty Zy
|

[/quote]

Looks like you are missing the library. Did you #include "obd.h" and are the files in your arduino libraries folder.
The obd.h and obd.cpp files contain the code that tells the arduino what functions like 'readSensor' mean and what to do. Usually when you get errors like that it means it's not finding the code that defines those functions, and usually either you didn't #include "file.h" or the file is not where the compiler knows to look for it.

Hope this helps, I was beating my head with that naught but a couple weeks ago, and a programmer friend helped me out.
userHeadPic Mighty Zy
|

[/quote]

userHeadPic Mighty Zy
|

[/quote]

userHeadPic Mighty Zy
|

[/quote]

userHeadPic Mighty Zy
|

[/quote]

userHeadPic Mighty Zy
|

[/quote]

userHeadPic Mighty Zy
|

[/quote]

userHeadPic Mighty Zy
|

[/quote]

userHeadPic Mighty Zy
2013-07-04 01:50:10 When I build the OBD Logger, I get numerous errors:
|

obdlogger.ino|176|error: in argument to unary !|
obdlogger.ino|185|error: 'readSensor' was not declared in this scope|
obdlogger.ino||In member function 'void CLogger::LogData(byte)':|
obdlogger.ino|501|error: 'sendQuery' was not declared in this scope|
obdlogger.ino|505|error: 'dataIdleLoop' was not declared in this scope|
obdlogger.ino|518|error: 'getResponse' was not declared in this scope|
obdlogger.ino|528|error: 'normalizeData' was not declared in this scope|
obdlogger.ino|561|error: 'dataIdleLoop' was not declared in this scope|