LattePandaGeneral

Intel Galileo board

userHead Jose 2013-11-29 17:19:05 6232 Views2 Replies
Several people asked me to try Intel Galileo board, they reported several problems using the IDE on Windows systems.

We have one around and I tried on XP without much success on a quick attempt. Problem seems to be the path to some files is too long. I tried moving the whole directory to my C:/ and it complained. Perhaps doing so as Administratior account might fix the problem, or adding some links?

Anyway, I went ahead and gave it a quick go to blink example on Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) and it worked well.
The only issue, if you have manually downloaded the IDE ( this version is not on the repositories, so no "auto-install" ) And your system is not configured well. You will need to add your user to the group of the driver. In this case is ACM. As you would with any other version of the IDE on a system not configured.

The upload was fast, and the IDE outputs quite a lot of information. I really liked that!

I wonder if there are any other details of the system, perhaps some more interesting features aside common arduino sketch can be done with this. Any ideas?
2013-12-02 08:49:20 Several people tried on windows 8 with same issue.

No idea about windows 7. You can download the IDE and try to compile a blink example
userHeadPic Jose
2013-11-30 21:41:38 What is about win7 & win8?
If you run as administrator, it will work?
userHeadPic Grey.CC