ArduinoGeneral

SIM7000E Library Loading Problem

userHead dingo.irrigation 2018-09-23 07:12:18 5315 Views3 Replies
Hi all,
I new to using libraries and am trying to run some examples on my uno and the SIM7000E shield. I downloaded and installed the ZIP file through IDE, but when I compile I get the error message below. It seems SIMcore_h is missing?

Also, from reading this forum; Can anyone confirm if the SIM7000E is going to work at all in Australia on the Tesltra 3g/4g network?

Thanks in Advance

Stephan

Arduino: 1.8.7 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\electrical\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DFRobot_SIM7000-master\examples\DFRobot_SIM7000_GetPosition\DFRobot_SIM7000_GetPosition.ino:13:0:

C:\Users\electrical\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DFRobot_SIM7000-master/DFRobot_SIM7000.h:4:29: fatal error: DFRobot_SIMcore.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
2018-10-31 14:34:12 Hi,

I just purchased the same module for Australia - I was of the understanding I could use it with an Optus sim - I am in the same situation as the guy above - the module doesn't get past the "TurnOn" message in putty/serial monitor.

I have tried both a Telstra and Optus sim - the ITead 3G module (using a Sim5216E) works perfectly with the Optus sim, so I know it is not a sim issue.

I would rather not use the Sim7000 library, and talk to the Simcom7000E module with AT commands directly - what is the hardware pin on the arduino header that is being used to turn the module on within the library? This may get us past the TurnOn issue, and help me to diagnose the issue.

Mal
userHeadPic purplex69
2018-09-26 17:07:05
makermuyi wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:22 am
HI.
Stephan.
I'm sorry to reply you late. According to you description of your question,You need load to this library file https://codeload.github.com/DFRobot/DFR ... zip/master in order for the module to work properly.According to many Australian customers, the module not support Australia on the Tesltra 3g/4g network, more detailed news, we are still asking Australian operators,I hope you can also ask Tesltra for news.
Hope help you.
Thx for the reply mate....that library solved my compilation errors. But as expected won’t go past the Turn On Conmand.
Is there a GSM shield that does work for Telstra 3G/4G network?
userHeadPic dingo.irrigation
2018-09-25 11:22:17 HI.
Stephan.
I'm sorry to reply you late. According to you description of your question,You need load to this library file https://codeload.github.com/DFRobot/DFR ... zip/master in order for the module to work properly.According to many Australian customers, the module not support Australia on the Tesltra 3g/4g network, more detailed news, we are still asking Australian operators,I hope you can also ask Tesltra for news.
Hope help you.
userHeadPic makermuyi