LattePandaGeneral

Lattepanda Streaming Cable

userHead Account cancelled 2018-11-10 19:05:43 3916 Views2 Replies
Dear Forum,

i cant seem to figure this out:

"where do i get a streaming cable? is that proprietary or do other brands exist? is special software required on the lattepanda and the target computer/ mac to get this to work? "

have looked all over the web and written to Lattepanda however with no result so far :(

All help is much appreciated!

Best,
Jan
2019-01-31 21:14:19 I was able to get the solution working between my Ubuntu 18.10 machine and my LattePanda running Windows 10 using this cable, https://www.amazon.com/ICZI-Transfer-Ca ... B01KJKVA4K, and NoMachine. I installed the included drivers but make sure to uninstall the Smart KM Link application afterwards, it will take full control of the device and start on boot as well.

I use ethernet for network access on Ubuntu so I required some additional setup. First I edited the IPv4 properties of the cable's ethernet adapter in Windows to point to a static IP address. On Ubuntu I could not get the gnome settings interface to correctly setup multiple ethernet interfaces with separate routing so I created a new ethernet interface through the netplan functionality. You can place the following 01-config.yaml file (changing the adapter IDs) in /etc/netplan and manually apply with 'sudo netplan apply'. Make sure the IP range you pick for your LattePanda and second ethernet interface are not used on your local network already.
Code: Select all
network:
  version: 2
  renderer: networkd
  ethernets:
    enp8s0:
      dhcp4: yes 
    enp6s0u4:
      addresses: [192.168.10.1/24]
      dhcp4: no
userHeadPic chrisgogoel
2018-11-18 10:39:02 I have the same question, can anyone point out what cable can be used . A Streaming Cable should be a very simple item to source. Post any information you may have, thanks userHeadPic anonymous