Easy IoT General

BLE Link Receive Data over UART

userHead kulivontot 2015-06-23 06:02:01 5685 Views4 Replies
Hi,
Just got the BLE Link board up and running and am able to send data and notifications as a peripheral to a connected iphone configured as a central device using the default service/characteristics in transparent mode. Since my iphone has the ability to WRITE to the characteristic itself, how do I get the updated value over UART to my connected microcontroller? It seems there is some debug mode to deliver updates over USB to a BLUNO device, but I'm using a different microcontroller and can only receive over UART. Is there a way to poll the value of the DFB1? An AT Command for reading the characteristic would be most useful.
2015-06-24 16:39:56 Yes, AT mode is different from the normal serial communication mode. So what you said is right! :)
kulivontot wrote:Figured it out. It does not pass through BLE data over UART while in AT mode, so you need to disable that to allow reads of updates from the central.
userHeadPic Leff
2015-06-24 02:30:24 Figured it out. It does not pass through BLE data over UART while in AT mode, so you need to disable that to allow reads of updates from the central. userHeadPic kulivontot
2015-06-24 00:41:28 Looks like this guy was sending a command from the BTLE central of "led_on" or "led_off" which would then be then be echoed over the UART. I'm not seeing this behavior when I write to the characteristic using LightBlue iOS app to debug. Maybe I need to write to DFB2? userHeadPic kulivontot
2015-06-23 16:59:43 at mode,something similar~
Code: Select all
http://www.dfrobot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1368&p=7222#p7222
userHeadPic Leff