ArduinoGeneral

Gravity: Analog pH Sensor / Meter Pro Kit For Arduino SKU:SEN0169

userHead unixseb 2019-01-30 22:19:09 5289 Views3 Replies
hello, i received my kit and it comes with a ph v1.1 controller board, can i use the dfrobot_PH library or is this library specific to v2.0 of the board ??
if yes, do i have to touch the blue potentiometer during acidic calibration like i do without the library ?
i noticed the code in the v1 of the wiki is converting analogRead to volts and the v2.0 uses millivolt, is it board relative or juste code relative ??
thanks for your help.
2019-02-02 14:12:23 Hi
The probes are the same, you can use them both on V1 and V2 boards.
The offset is get after you measure the pH=7.0 solution, which means after measure pH=7.0 solution, you can get the offset, change the offset in the code, then measure pH=4.0 solution to change the potentiometer to let the reading close to 4.0
userHeadPic robert.chen
2019-02-01 17:23:55 thanks a lot for your reply.
two last questions:
- if i buy a v2.0 controller, is this probe compatible with or does it have to be used only with the v1.0 or 1.1 ?
- it is not very clear int hte wiki, during the calibration process, do i have to set the offset before running the acidic calibration (it means recompile and reupload the code before putting in ph4.0 solution) or do the acidic calibration with the 0.0 offset ?
Thanks again for taking the time to answer.
userHeadPic unixseb
2019-02-01 14:45:01 Hi
The V1.1 pH sensor can not use V2's code, they are not similar in their circuit, you still need to use V1's code and calibrate by the wiki.
userHeadPic robert.chen