ArduinoGeneral

Industrial electrode

userHead Account cancelled 2019-05-12 17:37:33 1343 Views1 Replies
Hi all,
I just received my new analog pH Meter Pro with industrial electrode (SKU:FIT0348) and have a couple of questions.
Is the glass/plastic cover supposed to be left on when taking a reading, or is that a cover that should be removed first? Videos I've seen look like they leave it on, although i'm not sure how the electrode would come in contact with the sample fluid being measured without removing it first (but don't want to break the meter by trying to remove it without asking first). Your website doesn't say anything about removing it, but I've taken some sample reads with the cap on, but the sample reads never vary far from 7.51, regardless of whether the probe is sitting in water or just sitting out on the desk exposed to air, so it does make me think maybe it's a cap that needs to be removed. The readings do seem to vary slightly when I wave it around in the air.

Thanks alot
2019-05-17 16:53:30 You are supposed to take off the cap before using the ph meter. The electrode bulb inside of the cap must contact with sample liquid to measure its ph value. After using it, it should be cleaned and put on the cap, and keep the bulb moisturized with KCL solution. The instruction of using this ph meter can be found https://wiki.dfrobot.com/PH_meter_SKU__SEN0161_ userHeadPic yolande_shaw