General

Motor run with a sinusoidal motion

userHead Account cancelled 2019-08-16 07:45:12 3669 Views1 Replies
I need to run a motor to have a harmonic motion with specified amplitude and frequency ( harmonic motion mean that the angular position of the motor is a sine function of the time).I'm pretty flexible to choose any motors (DC/servo/stepper/ brushless motor) or any controller but the system has to be precise. If you guys know what controllers/drivers that allow that kind of motion, please let me know! Thank you

Just to understand the project and what we trying to do;

so What we trying to do is making rheometer which measures the rheological properties of a material. Basically, there are two measuring methods available: Rotational tests and oscillatory tests. With rotational measurements, the measuring bob turns in one direction. In an oscillatory test, the measuring bob "oscillates" around the axis.

Our focus is to run the oscillatory tests with set sinusoidal oscillation.
The basic principle of an oscillatory rheometer is to induce a sinusoidal shear deformation in the sample and measure the resultant stress response; the time scale probed is determined by the frequency of oscillation, ω, of the shear deformation. In a typical experiment, the sample is placed between two plates, as shown in the image2 below While the top plate remains stationary, a motor rotates the bottom plate, thereby imposing a time-dependent strain γ(t)=γ ·sin(ωt) on the sample. Simultaneously, the time-dependent stress σ (t) is quantified by measuring the torque that the sample imposes on the top plate.

with exact angle. Hope you get it what I'm trying to say? does anyone know any motor controllers/drivers that allow that kind of motion ? or any hints how do I wet my feet?

cheers