ArduinoGeneral

Problems with GPS/GPRS/GSM Module V3.0

userHead SayidIbrihen 2016-03-14 22:24:52 4249 Views19 Replies
Hello guys !

it's been a week since I try to make it work without success, knowing that I can not even use a CoolTerm to send AT commands, I tried with a different SIM card also (I am using a 9V battery to power the device).

Thank you in advance :)
2016-03-21 21:45:19 Thank you Leff for your support, when I choose 9600 as baud-rate I am getting unreadable data (see capture). userHeadPic SayidIbrihen
2016-03-21 21:45:19 Thank you Leff for your support, when I choose 9600 as baud-rate I am getting unreadable data (see capture). userHeadPic SayidIbrihen
2016-03-21 10:39:24 plz choose Baud rate as 9600 instead of 115200.. I've added this notice on wiki.

And to make it easier to read, I've modified the GPS &AT part.
userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-21 10:39:24 plz choose Baud rate as 9600 instead of 115200.. I've added this notice on wiki.

And to make it easier to read, I've modified the GPS &AT part.
userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-20 23:25:50 Hello Leff,

Sorry for the delay :), I have changed the power supply for a new one ( 9V @565mAh), and I uploaded the following code to the board :
Code: Select all
// Product name: GPS/GPRS/GSM Module V3.0
// # Product SKU : TEL0051
// # Version     : 0.1

// # Description:
// # The sketch for driving the gsm mode via the USB interface

// # Steps:
// #        1. Turn the S1 switch to the Prog(right side)
// #        2. Turn the S2 switch to the USB side(left side)
// #        3. Set the UART select switch to middle one.
// #        4. Upload the sketch to the Arduino board(Make sure turn off other Serial monitor )
// #        5. Turn the S1 switch to the comm(left side)       
// #        6. RST the board

// #        wiki link- http://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/GPS/GPRS/GSM_Module_V3.0_(SKU:TEL0051)

void setup()
{
  //Init the driver pins for GSM function
  pinMode(3, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(4, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
  //Output GSM Timing
  digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
  delay(2000);
  digitalWrite(5, LOW);
}
void loop()
{
  // Use these commands instead of the hardware switch 'UART select' in order to enable each mode
  // If you want to use both GMS and GPS. enable the required one in your code and disable the other one for each access.
  digitalWrite(3, LOW); //enable GSM TX、RX
  delay(500);
  digitalWrite(4, HIGH); //disable GPS TX、RX
  delay(500);
}

But unfortunately the same problem occurs, the module is not responding to any AT command :(

userHeadPic SayidIbrihen
2016-03-20 23:25:50 Hello Leff,

Sorry for the delay :), I have changed the power supply for a new one ( 9V @565mAh), and I uploaded the following code to the board :
// # Product SKU : TEL0051
// # Version     : 0.1

// # Description:

// # Steps:
// #        1. Turn the S1 switch to the Prog(right side)
// #        2. Turn the S2 switch to the USB side(left side)
// #        3. Set the UART select switch to middle one.
// #        4. Upload the sketch to the Arduino board(Make sure turn off other Serial monitor )
// #        5. Turn the S1 switch to the comm(left side)       
// #        6. RST the board

// #        wiki link- http://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/GPS/GPRS/GSM_Module_V3.0_(SKU:TEL0051)

void setup()
{
  pinMode(3, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(4, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
  //Output GSM Timing
  digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
  delay(2000);
  digitalWrite(5, LOW);
}
void loop()
{
  // Use these commands instead of the hardware switch 'UART select' in order to enable each mode
  // If you want to use both GMS and GPS. enable the required one in your code and disable the other one for each access.
  delay(500);
  delay(500);
}

But unfortunately the same problem occurs, the module is not responding to any AT command :(

userHeadPic SayidIbrihen
2016-03-17 18:25:36 Thx for your photo, and I noticed this 9V battery is a tiny body, can it supply over 500mA current, if not, I think you could start with GPS test because GPS is not like GSM which requires a large current consumption. ;) userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-17 18:25:36 Thx for your photo, and I noticed this 9V battery is a tiny body, can it supply over 500mA current, if not, I think you could start with GPS test because GPS is not like GSM which requires a large current consumption. ;) userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-16 17:46:55
Leff wrote:Ah, I got it, have you noticed that NET led is already turned off when you send the rest "AT" commands?

Because each time you open the serial monitor is equivalent of press the Reset/RST button, so the module would turn OFF.

So try to press the RST button OR re-open the serial monitor, I think it will make it. ;)

Hi Leff,

Yes, NET and STAT leds blinks for a moment then they turn off. I tried to re-open the serial monitor several times, but sometimes it responds with the good sequence of instructions, and then it doesn't respond to any AT command (see attachment please).

I also attached a picture of my setup :)

Thank you
userHeadPic SayidIbrihen
2016-03-16 17:46:55
Leff wrote:Ah, I got it, have you noticed that NET led is already turned off when you send the rest "AT" commands?

Because each time you open the serial monitor is equivalent of press the Reset/RST button, so the module would turn OFF.

So try to press the RST button OR re-open the serial monitor, I think it will make it. ;)

Hi Leff,

Yes, NET and STAT leds blinks for a moment then they turn off. I tried to re-open the serial monitor several times, but sometimes it responds with the good sequence of instructions, and then it doesn't respond to any AT command (see attachment please).

I also attached a picture of my setup :)

Thank you
userHeadPic SayidIbrihen
2016-03-16 11:07:45 Oh, btw, may I have a look at your GPS/GPRS/GSM module, I want to know which version you use? can u upload a photo? Thx :) userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-16 11:07:45 Oh, btw, may I have a look at your GPS/GPRS/GSM module, I want to know which version you use? can u upload a photo? Thx :) userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-16 11:06:37 Ah, I got it, have you noticed that NET led is already turned off when you send the rest "AT" commands?

userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-16 11:06:37 Ah, I got it, have you noticed that NET led is already turned off when you send the rest "AT" commands?

userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-16 07:18:20 Hello Leff !

Thanks for your quick reply, Actually I uploaded this sketch to my Arduino :
// # Product SKU : TEL0051
// # Version     : 0.1

// # Description:

// # Steps:
// #        1. Turn the S1 switch to the Prog(right side)
// #        2. Turn the S2 switch to the USB side(left side)
// #        3. Set the UART select switch to middle one.
// #        4. Upload the sketch to the Arduino board(Make sure turn off other Serial monitor )
// #        5. Turn the S1 switch to the comm(left side)      
// #        6. RST the board

// #        wiki link- http://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/GPS/GPRS/GSM_Module_V3.0_(SKU:TEL0051)

void setup()
{
  pinMode(3, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(4, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
  //Output GSM Timing
  digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
  delay(2000);
  digitalWrite(5, LOW);
}
void loop()
{
  delay(500);
  delay(500);
}

I followed the same steps on the sketch, Actually the shield is only responding at the beginning , on the example (see attachment) I send multiple AT commands, but it responds only to the first one. I tried the shield with 2 Arduinos but without success.

Concerning the jumpers, I don't understand how do they affect the running of the shield.

Thanks you very much :)
userHeadPic SayidIbrihen
2016-03-16 07:18:20 Hello Leff !

Thanks for your quick reply, Actually I uploaded this sketch to my Arduino :
// # Product SKU : TEL0051
// # Version     : 0.1

// # Description:

// # Steps:
// #        1. Turn the S1 switch to the Prog(right side)
// #        2. Turn the S2 switch to the USB side(left side)
// #        3. Set the UART select switch to middle one.
// #        4. Upload the sketch to the Arduino board(Make sure turn off other Serial monitor )
// #        5. Turn the S1 switch to the comm(left side)      
// #        6. RST the board

// #        wiki link- http://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/GPS/GPRS/GSM_Module_V3.0_(SKU:TEL0051)

void setup()
{
  pinMode(3, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(4, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
  //Output GSM Timing
  digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
  delay(2000);
  digitalWrite(5, LOW);
}
void loop()
{
  delay(500);
  delay(500);
}

I followed the same steps on the sketch, Actually the shield is only responding at the beginning , on the example (see attachment) I send multiple AT commands, but it responds only to the first one. I tried the shield with 2 Arduinos but without success.

Concerning the jumpers, I don't understand how do they affect the running of the shield.

Thanks you very much :)
userHeadPic SayidIbrihen
2016-03-15 14:53:36 Hi SayidIbrihen,

Oh, too bad that is...

That's hard to explain where might be wrong, could you upload some pictures about your steps, a video can be better so I could know how to help you.

Be noted with these things:
  • The 3 jumpers
  • The 3 switches position
  • The code to initialize module must be uploaded before using AT command
  • The serial monitor baud rate & data format setting

Btw, can u get GPS info using AT command? If yes, then it presents that you know how to use this shield and maybe your 9V battery is in low battery or it cannot output enough current even it could offer enough voltage. If not, please try to make GPS working first or make a call.
userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-15 14:53:36 Hi SayidIbrihen,

Oh, too bad that is...

That's hard to explain where might be wrong, could you upload some pictures about your steps, a video can be better so I could know how to help you.

Be noted with these things:
  • The 3 jumpers
  • The 3 switches position
  • The code to initialize module must be uploaded before using AT command
  • The serial monitor baud rate & data format setting

Btw, can u get GPS info using AT command? If yes, then it presents that you know how to use this shield and maybe your 9V battery is in low battery or it cannot output enough current even it could offer enough voltage. If not, please try to make GPS working first or make a call.
userHeadPic Leff
2016-03-14 22:24:52 Hello guys !

it's been a week since I try to make it work without success, knowing that I can not even use a CoolTerm to send AT commands, I tried with a different SIM card also (I am using a 9V battery to power the device).

userHeadPic SayidIbrihen