ArduinoGeneral

How to ? Connect CCTV pan-tilt Head to arduino

userHead Account cancelled 2019-10-08 04:37:54 1540 Views0 Replies
First and foremost, I want to apologize if this question has already been answered or have already had a fixed solution that I've somehow missed during my research. Secondly, I am not by any means an expert on Arduino, nor electronic. I'm an electronic/microcontroller enthusiast at best that just wants to help and need help.

So, okay with that out of the way, let me started this with a story. I've volunteered at a church that accepted donations, and a couple of months ago this CCTV pan and tilt head show up without a controller or a power supply. The church would love to use the pan/tilt head and mount an old Sony Handycam (that also came from donations) to display a sermon every Sunday for our elderly attendees.

Now, for the past month, I've been trying to help and looking for ways to make it work but can't seem to find a way because usually, this type of pan and tilt head are sold with its controller and power supply. After a fail attempt at finding a solution, I started is to look for an alternative, which Arduino and find an article by Yvan at brainy-bits.com about how to control Bescor MP-101.

The article was great but the problems I'm having now are Bescor MP-101 running on 5v DC battery while mine is 24v AC. Also, in the article, to control Bescor MP-101 with Arduino all its need is using 4 pins (pan left, pan right, tilt up and tilt down) while mine uses 6 pins (left, right, up, down, AUTO and COM).
My questions now, is it okay for me to follow the instructions on the article? can a normal off the shelf 24v AC power adaptor run this thing, and if it is to which pin at the pan and tilt head can I connect it? because the left, right, up and down pin goes to Arduino and it leaves the AUTO and COM pin unconnected. I've been looking for the datasheet of this pan-tilt head and find nothing.

Thank you for all the help guys...