ArduinoTroubleshooting

Input Shield V2 XBee not recognized

userHead jimbar99 2016-07-23 21:00:23 15748 Views5 Replies
I cannot get the XBee module to be recognized on the Input Shield V2.

I have 2 XBee modules that are both configured properly and can be read by the Digi X-CTU software when plugged into your XBee pro shield stacked directly onto my Arduino Uno board

The XBee modules can also be read when plugged into your XBee pro shield that's stacked on top of the Input Shield V2 that is in turn plugged into the Arduino.

However, if I plug the Input Shield V2 alone into the Arduino, and install the XBee module on it, the XBee module is not recognized.

I am probably doing something wrong, but haven't been able to find any detailed information about the proper procedure for getting this to work. Any help would be appreciated.
2016-08-03 17:02:55 U r welcome userHeadPic Leff
2016-08-03 08:02:09 Got it to work with the help of your example. Thanks for the guidance! userHeadPic jimbar99
2016-08-02 18:03:56 The wiki about how to set Veyron Driver through Serial port has not shown all the steps, poor wiki I'd like to point it out.

So I tested different ways to do the setting through a UNO(TX-RX/TX both worked), FTDI adapter(RX-TX, TX-RX), USB-TTL adapter (TX-TX, RX-RX).

1. UNO, RX-RX, TX-TX
    1. Upload an empty sketch or a Blink to release the Serial port.
      Code: Select all
      void setup() {
        // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
        // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}
    2. Connect the Serial device waiting for Serial debug.

3. Open the serial port of UNO, and send Command (here I sent 1,SVS,1,1000 to run the motor)

4. UNO, TX-RX & RX-TX

1. Upload the code below to UNO, it will send what you have input. Important: Set the Baud rate as required.
        void setup() {
          Serial.begin(57600); //initialize Serial(i.e. USB port)
        }
        void loop() {
          while (Serial.available()) {
            Serial.write(Serial.read());
          }
          delay(1);
        }

2. Wiring as above except: TX-RX & RX-TX (.Important: )

3. Send the command as above.
      4. Xbee USB adapter (FTDI ready) DFR0050 RX-TX, TX-RX, GND-GND as below, and you can send command as you wish.

5. USB Serial Light Adapter - Atmega8U2 (Arduino Compatible) DFR0164, RX-RX, TX-TX, GND-GND, other wiring are the same (for the reason why TX-TX, the label on PCB was not equal to hardware)

userHeadPic Leff
2016-08-02 17:38:33 Follow up: I tested with another Serial interface module (Veyron driver, DRI0021) with the methods I mentioned above. And all worked surprisingly! userHeadPic Leff
2016-07-25 18:06:14 Hello jimbar99,

Sorry, do you mean this Input Shield for Arduino?

If so, sorry that you missed nothing, but it is normal that Xbee won't be configured on this kind of shield, since they are connected as: TX-RX; RX-TX to communicate with the board...

But I am not sure yet, if Xbee module could be found by connecting it with the shield as:

TX-TX
RX-RX

or if it would work once upload a special code for comunication with serial module:

For controller like Uno:

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600); //initialize Serial(i.e. USB port)
}
void loop() {
    Serial.write(Serial.read());
  }
  delay(1);
}

For controller like Leonardo:
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600); //initialize Serial(i.e. USB port)
  Serial1.begin(9600); //initialize Serial1

while (!Serial) {
    ; // wait for serial port to connect. Needed for native USB port only
  }
}
void loop() {
  while (Serial1.available()) {
    Serial.write(Serial1.read());
  }
    Serial1.write(Serial.read());
  }