Easy IoT General

Soil Moisture Sensor not working

userHead Rasmuskjer 2013-01-28 22:39:21 10316 Views4 Replies
Hi All

Twice already i have gotten a DFRobot soil moisture sensor. And both have not been able to give a different output wether it was submerged in water, or just in air.

The first one gave out around 314-317 and the second one gave 514-515.

What could be wrong here ?
Are the equipment simply defect by delivery or am i doing something wrong ?

I am doing this on my EcoDuino board v2 i just bought. Accidentally i bought two of them, and on both of them the sensor is not working.

/Rasmus
2013-01-30 16:30:51 [quote="Rasmuskjer"]
Problem sovled!

It seems I was a bit too hasty testing the second moisture sensor - it works perfectly on both boards.

My first sensor is fried though, dont know how that happened - but anyhow, Im happy now :)
[/quote]

Congratulations! ;D ;D
userHeadPic Phoebe
2013-01-30 01:04:38 Problem sovled!

It seems I was a bit too hasty testing the second moisture sensor - it works perfectly on both boards.

My first sensor is fried though, dont know how that happened - but anyhow, Im happy now :)
userHeadPic Rasmuskjer
2013-01-29 15:57:45 Hi Phoebe

Yes - I have always only used the orange cables on both of the sensors/arduinos.

The output values i gave you came from running the samplecode in the soil moisture sensor wiki.

Interesting enough the samplecode for the DHT11 (temperature and humidity sensor) on both sets it says
"dht11 start condition 2 not met".

Could it be possible those pins on both my ecoduino's are not working properly ?
userHeadPic Rasmuskjer
2013-01-29 12:02:04 Hi Rasmuskjer,

Did you use the moisture sensor with the orange cables? Be careful about the blue cables packaged with the soil moisture senor,because +5V of this cable is not in the middle , We suggest you use the orange cables.

Did you driver the board refer to the wiki page? You can test the soil moisture by its wiki.:)

Best regards
Phoebe
userHeadPic Phoebe