Easy IoT General

Servo Motor Expansion Module(Gadgeteer Compatible)

userHead DanW 2014-08-30 06:45:13 9422 Views7 Replies
Before I leave a bad review on this module I thought I would check here for answers.

Does anyone have any documentation or sample code that can get this module to function?
There is ZERO documentation online regarding this product. Is this intentional?
2015-06-19 12:33:34 Hi Nazaire ,

which GPS shield you are using, maybe the pin (345 ) is mapped to GPS shield already if it's tel0051.

KavomatovlKiz wrote:I can not connect in flowcode V5 the servo motor with the miac GPS expansion module. I can well connect the servo motor with a miac basic expansion module. Why can i not connect de servo motor with the miac GPS expansion module?

Best regards

Nazaire VERRUE
userHeadPic Leff
2015-01-12 07:17:02 I can not connect in flowcode V5 the servo motor with the miac GPS expansion module. I can well connect the servo motor with a miac basic expansion module. Why can i not connect de servo motor with the miac GPS expansion module?

Best regards

Nazaire VERRUE
userHeadPic KavomatovlKiz
2014-09-03 21:11:09 ok, I kind of solved this.
In theory, something like the code below is what's needed.
Code: Select all
GT.Socket socket = GT.Socket.GetSocket(socketNumber, true, this, null);
socket.EnsureTypeIsSupported('Y', this);
Cpu.Pin[] pins = socket.CpuPins;
Cpu.Pin pin = pins[3];
uint[] time = new uint[] { 500 * 1000, 500 * 1000 }; // Not Correct for servos
GHI.IO.SignalGenerator servo = new GHI.IO.SignalGenerator(pin, false);
servo.Set(false, time, 0, 10, true);
The time array represents a digital waveform. I have no idea how to represent the appropriate servo signal in a waveform but if I figure it out I will write a driver for this module.
userHeadPic DanW
2014-09-03 16:54:08 It seems that you may not properly understand the question/issue.

There is no specific "Servo Library" just standard NETMF code which usually work but not with this particular module. (Because of the reasons previously described)

If it is possible then why not try it yourself and post the working NETMF/Gadgeteer code?

userHeadPic DanW
2014-09-02 17:32:29 Danw,

Check the pin mappings here, but not sure if it suits the same ones from the library:
http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/wikipage? ... 20Type%20Y

userHeadPic Jose
2014-09-02 11:53:38 Hello DanW,

I suppose it depends on the servo library you are using. Is it possible to select the pin input for the servo on the library?
I suppose there is a standard pin defined, if no other definition that pin / servo will be used. But the other Servos are mapped to different pins.

Check out the pin mapping for your controller board, and track the pins connected to the expansion board. If your library does not include support for multi servo, you will need to code the other pin mapping for the servos, or instantiate another servo to a different pin.
userHeadPic Jose
2014-09-01 18:59:26 Thank you for the reply.

The examples you provided are controlling one servo from one module. The DFRobot Servo Motor Expansion Module provide seven digital IOs.

I have accomplished controlling a servo (with NETMF) that's connected through a breadboard or Extender module. However this code does not work for the Servo Motor Expansion Module because it doesn't distinguish between the seven IOs.
userHeadPic DanW