ArduinoGeneral

SEN0312 ME007YS WATERPROOF ULTRASONIC SENSOR

userHead rsstansbury 2020-03-05 04:15:49 6719 Views14 Replies
Hello,
I am testing this sensor for an embedded solution in a product. I am using your Arduino sketch to test. It appears a though the sensor reports 0 distance when the distance is greater that max range of the sensor. The sensor will only provide a distance if the distance is 28-450cm. Is this correct?
2023-02-20 17:35:31

Another issue is that the wiki page does not specify what the output of your transducer is at either end of the range. If it had said this, I would have understood it wouldn't work. My request is uncomplicated. It is a land drone with motors. If it [url=https://techemirate.com/how-to-download-disney-plus-on-hisense-smart-tv/]identifies [/url] an object within two metres or fewer, I want it to stop. If your sensor detects an object inside its range, it is operational. The issue with your sensor is that if the object is farther away than 4.5 metres, it also returns 0 centimetres "below minimum range." How can I tell whether something is extremely near or very far away?

userHeadPic olof.sas
2022-05-28 19:22:48

Hello, what type of connector is on the outlet from the converter? I want to design a printed circuit board with a connector for this sensor.

userHeadPic TomasHelikar
2020-12-24 15:44:11 Can we use A01NYUB and ME007YS without a Raspberry Pi IO Expansion Board?

If yes, how can we connect it directly to the raspberry pi?
userHeadPic sharan.reddy
2020-12-24 15:44:11 Can we use A01NYUB and ME007YS without a Raspberry Pi IO Expansion Board?

If yes, how can we connect it directly to the raspberry pi?
userHeadPic sharan.reddy
2020-12-24 13:55:43 I am using SEN0312 ME007YS sensor with raspberry pi 3b+, the sensor is not working, it is timing out, below is the python code,

import RPi.GPIO as GPIO #Import GPIO library
import time #Import time library
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM) #Set GPIO pin numbering

TRIG = 23 #Associate pin 23 to TRIG
ECHO = 24 #Associate pin 24 to ECHO

print "Distance measurement in progress"

GPIO.setup(TRIG,GPIO.OUT) #Set pin as GPIO out
GPIO.setup(ECHO,GPIO.IN) #Set pin as GPIO in

while True:

GPIO.output(TRIG, False) #Set TRIG as LOW
print "Waitng For Sensor To Settle"
time.sleep(2) #Delay of 2 seconds

GPIO.output(TRIG, True) #Set TRIG as HIGH
time.sleep(0.00001) #Delay of 0.00001 seconds

while GPIO.input(ECHO)==0: #Check whether the ECHO is LOW
pulse_start = time.time() #Saves the last known time of LOW pulse

while GPIO.input(ECHO)==1: #Check whether the ECHO is HIGH
pulse_end = time.time() #Saves the last known time of HIGH pulse

pulse_duration = pulse_end - pulse_start #Get pulse duration to a variable

distance = pulse_duration * 17150 #Multiply pulse duration by 17150 to get distance
distance = round(distance, 2) #Round to two decimal points

if distance > 28 and distance < 400: #Check whether the distance is within range
print "Distance:",distance - 0.5,"cm" #Print distance with 0.5 cm calibration
else:
print "Out Of Range" #display out of range

Please help how to use it with raspberry pi 3b+.
Thank You
userHeadPic sharan.reddy
KentThomas wrote:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

2023-02-05 20:09:51
1 Replies
2020-12-24 13:55:43 I am using SEN0312 ME007YS sensor with raspberry pi 3b+, the sensor is not working, it is timing out, below is the python code,

import RPi.GPIO as GPIO #Import GPIO library
import time #Import time library
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM) #Set GPIO pin numbering

TRIG = 23 #Associate pin 23 to TRIG
ECHO = 24 #Associate pin 24 to ECHO

print "Distance measurement in progress"

GPIO.setup(TRIG,GPIO.OUT) #Set pin as GPIO out
GPIO.setup(ECHO,GPIO.IN) #Set pin as GPIO in

while True:

print "Waitng For Sensor To Settle"
time.sleep(2) #Delay of 2 seconds

GPIO.output(TRIG, True) #Set TRIG as HIGH
time.sleep(0.00001) #Delay of 0.00001 seconds

while GPIO.input(ECHO)==0: #Check whether the ECHO is LOW
pulse_start = time.time() #Saves the last known time of LOW pulse

while GPIO.input(ECHO)==1: #Check whether the ECHO is HIGH
pulse_end = time.time() #Saves the last known time of HIGH pulse

pulse_duration = pulse_end - pulse_start #Get pulse duration to a variable

distance = pulse_duration * 17150 #Multiply pulse duration by 17150 to get distance
distance = round(distance, 2) #Round to two decimal points

if distance > 28 and distance < 400: #Check whether the distance is within range
print "Distance:",distance - 0.5,"cm" #Print distance with 0.5 cm calibration
else:
print "Out Of Range" #display out of range

Please help how to use it with raspberry pi 3b+.
Thank You
userHeadPic sharan.reddy
2020-03-06 19:57:27 The wiki page does not state what the output of your transducer is at each end of the range and this is also a problem. I would have known it will not work if it stated this. My application is simple. It is a motor driven land drone. I want it to stop if it detects an object within 2 meters or less. Your sensor works if detects an object within its range. The problem with your sensor is that it also outputs zero centimeters "below minimum range" if the object is greater than 4.5 meters. How can I determine if the object is very close or very far away? userHeadPic rsstansbury
2020-03-06 19:57:27 The wiki page does not state what the output of your transducer is at each end of the range and this is also a problem. I would have known it will not work if it stated this. My application is simple. It is a motor driven land drone. I want it to stop if it detects an object within 2 meters or less. Your sensor works if detects an object within its range. The problem with your sensor is that it also outputs zero centimeters "below minimum range" if the object is greater than 4.5 meters. How can I determine if the object is very close or very far away? userHeadPic rsstansbury
2020-03-05 19:59:52 Alternatively, indicate greater than or equal to 4.7m. userHeadPic rsstansbury
2020-03-05 19:59:52 Alternatively, indicate greater than or equal to 4.7m. userHeadPic rsstansbury
2020-03-05 19:55:59 Yes, this is what I reported. This is a problem, and I cannot use this sensor because of this. Your sensor indicates an object to close when it does not detect an object at all. The sensor should indicate "above the upper limit" when it does not detect an object. I want to use this sensor in a product line in a robotics type application where the robot stops when it detects an object too close. userHeadPic rsstansbury
2020-03-05 19:55:59 Yes, this is what I reported. This is a problem, and I cannot use this sensor because of this. Your sensor indicates an object to close when it does not detect an object at all. The sensor should indicate "above the upper limit" when it does not detect an object. I want to use this sensor in a product line in a robotics type application where the robot stops when it detects an object too close. userHeadPic rsstansbury
2020-03-05 04:15:49 Hello,
I am testing this sensor for an embedded solution in a product. I am using your Arduino sketch to test. It appears a though the sensor reports 0 distance when the distance is greater that max range of the sensor. The sensor will only provide a distance if the distance is 28-450cm. Is this correct?
userHeadPic rsstansbury