HUSKYLENSGeneral

I can't update Huskylens firmware on Windows 10

userHead lirajoao 2020-03-15 08:50:40 5825 Views4 Replies
Hello,

I just received my first HuskyLens and although it is working and responding to buttons accordingly, I can't make Windows 10 recognize it and update its firmware with K-Flash. It doesn't appear in the K-Flash list of devices. I followed all the instructions for item 4.1 on the wiki but to no avail. I run K-Flash as admin at all times. I also tried that procedure in two computers, a desktop, and a laptop, both with the same Windows 10 version (Professional). The Windows driver for the device appears to be installed correctly - That is the message that I received. Is there anything else to do?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,
Joao Lira.
2020-03-18 22:12:00 Hello,

> 3. If you install the driver, but there is still no such device. Please check whether the microUSB cable can
> transmit the USB signal. Some microUSB cables can only be used for charging and cannot transmit USB
> signals. You can use some other device to check whether the microUSB cable can transmit the USB signal, or > directly use other microUSB cables.

I had used two different cables initially in order to update the camera firmware with the same result. Today I found another cable and finally the device both appeared in Device Manager and in K-FLASH, so I could update the firmware and now I'll continue my researches with it for robotics purposes.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Joao Lira.
userHeadPic lirajoao
2020-03-18 10:35:17 Hello, could you take some time to confirm the following events? Thanks.
1. Open the device manager, then check whether there is a device name "silicon labs cp210x usb to uart bridge" in the ports(COM&LPT)
It looks like this:

2. If there is no such device, please install the CP2102N driver.
Download the driver from this link: https://www.silabs.com/products/develop ... cp-drivers

3. If you install the driver, but there is still no such device. Please check whether the microUSB cable can transmit the USB signal. Some microUSB cables can only be used for charging and cannot transmit USB signals. You can use some other device to check whether the microUSB cable can transmit the USB signal, or directly use other microUSB cables.

4. If the above solutions all failed, please contact DFRobot technical support. The email is [email protected]. If you bought from the Kickstarter, please contact them by the kickstarter messages.
userHeadPic Youyou