ArduinoGeneral

SIM7000E Can't use AT commands

userHead Account cancelled 2020-05-04 08:37:04 1412 Views1 Replies
Hey,

I’ve been having a lot of issues connecting to a SIM7000E through an Arduino UNO. Reading through all the posts on here, no one seems to be able to give a solid solution.
Firstly, I downloaded the source libraries from DF robot wiki, tried running the example code provided there (Which turned out to be a complete failure, that code simply doesn’t compile). The examples provided in the sim7000 libraries seem to run better.
Initially, I was seeing that this was failing to pass the “Turn ON” stage. I since connected this with a laptop charger to the 7-12V charging port, and it has seemed to fix that issue, and provides enough juice to get everything going. I’m sure this isn’t ideal, but it’s a temporary work around so I don’t have to invest more money into this system.

Progressing from there, I’m now hitting a “Fail to Attach service” issue, where sim7000.attacthService() is failing (Yeah that’s the way it is in the source library). My signal strength is typically around 18 to 21 of 30.
At the moment I’ve tried both an amaysim (optus) and woolworth (telstra) sim, but both are getting stuck at that same error.
I’ve tried the DFRobot_SIM7000_ATtest.ino, however I can’t get a response back from the device (apparently this code is broken too). It asks for a command, however there's no response from the device under any situation.
I thought to look at testing the AT commands of the device using https://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/softw ... m-modules/ AT Tester, however that one just crashes every time I connect to my arduino port. I've tried following this https://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/using ... no-boards/ however am not getting a response.

So I guess what I’m asking is am I missing something? Did I get a dud? Is there any place to go from here, as it seems like it’s a bug riddled system that some people just don’t have any luck fixing. Any advice is greatly appreciated.