RoboticsGeneral

Wanting to use Turtle's TT motor encoder with 3.3 V MCU

userHead Account cancelled 2020-06-26 23:53:08 2956 Views2 Replies
Hello everyone,

Can someone help me understand what Gravity: TT Motor Encoders Kit, please?

I would like to use it with ATmega4809 Curiosity Nano and I have three questions:

Question #1: Does this module support 3.3 V ?

Question #2: What exactly is "Gravity" ? (The page had zero information in it). Arduino sketch looked like its TTL level signals for left or right rotation pulses - is that what it is? Is there any documentation available?

Question #3: If "Gravity" is not open and not usable, do I have an alternate rotary encoder that neatly fits the Turtle 2WD chassis?

Thank you for reading!
2020-06-30 14:07:48 Q 1#:Does this module support 3.3 V ?
Answer 1#: Sorry, this module does not support 3.3V.

Q 2#: What exactly is "Gravity" ?
Answer 2#: “Gravity” is the name of our product line, which has a standard form and interface line sequence. If you want to learn more, you can refer to https://www.dfrobot.com/gravity.html.

Q 3#:Arduino sketch looked like its TTL level signals for left or right rotation pulses - is that what it is? Is there any documentation available?
Answer 3#: The blocking photoelectric sampling sensor marks the light-transmitting area and the opaque area on the code disk with high and low pulses, and can calculate the rotation speed of the wheel by calculating the number of pulses generated by the small wheel in a certain time.

Q 4#:Do I have an alternate rotary encoder that neatly fits the Turtle 2WD chassis?
Answer 4#:Sorry, there is no other encoder available except this product
userHeadPic 309330066