RoboticsGeneral

FIT0441 Pin Order

userHead honoka 2020-10-12 19:56:04 2716 Views3 Replies

Hello,
I recently ordered a couple of FIT0441 to use in a project (via digikey), and I must say I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that the pin ordering in the datasheet is missing the fact that the connector that comes on the motor has a completely different pin order than the side going into the motor. 
I cad-ed my PCB thinking both sides looked the same given the connector side was not mentioned in the datasheet. But oh so wrong I was.

If the pin ordering out from the motor actually is correct, the pin ordering on the PCB side is as follows:
Depending on the actual ordering of the pins in the socket, the numbers might be reversed.
And yes, as stated in the datasheet, my wire colors where different. 
This numbering and a picture of the socket might be of interest to include in the documentation. I cant think I'm the only one who ever cad-ed with the supplied connector.

1: Black: V-
2: Red: V+
3: Green: FG/Feedback
4: Blue: PWM
5: Yellow: Direction

I will now proceed to re-spin my board because of this left out information.

//Kind regards.

2020-10-15 08:31:00 You misunderstood. The motor that was purchased through digikey came with a roughly 12 cm cable. attached in each end was one of those connectors. However, the cable was not "straight".

The following is a simplified picture of the motor cable that was shipped together with the motor. And I honestly think most people who buy this is either going to cut it off or use it as is, cause crimping a new cable is not exactly, in my opinion, fun or easy. So, since the motor actually comes with a cable, please include the specifications and pin-mapping of this cable too. If its maker specific, please include all known variants, I have given you one. The datasheet/specs does specify it comes with a cable, please include the variants.

And as stated in the original post, the colors is not a problem, they are just colors, however, the end side/pcb side/not motor side in mapping is more of an issue. How can you make a schematic/PCB with a motor header for this type of motor when you do not know the pin mapping and it is not available?. Making a new cable for hobbyists is far harder, imo, than ordering a pcb.

The flat side of the connector, on both ends, is facing away from the viewer and the ridged side is facing the viewer.
userHeadPic honoka