ArduinoGeneral

DFPlayer with Arduino Nano MP3 Player Software Request

userHead jonpointer 2020-12-01 13:50:27 1745 Views4 Replies
Hello! I'm making a simple MP3 player with a Nano and the DFPlayer. I'd like to have an on/off switch and one button operation.

Goals:
  • Turn the unit on and it starts playing the first song
    When a song is finished, it plays the next song
    If the button is pressed, it skips to the next song
    If it reaches the end of the list of songs, it starts back at the beginning
    A 15 or 30 minute timer to stop playing - so it doesn't just loop forever if left on

So far I have found sample code at https://wiki.dfrobot.com/DFPlayer_Mini_SKU_DFR0299 that uses a timer to play a song for a certain amount of time before skipping to the next song. In this forum I have also seen code for playing one song or looping a song or all songs. However, it isn't clear to me how to create a loop that waits for the current song to complete and then goes to the next song - without knowing how long the current song is. Also the code for the button - I assume I would tie a function to a digital input on the Nano that just plays the next song?

Any examples or code snippets you could offer for the functions I describe above would be greatly appreciated. I'm very new to all of this.

Thanks!
Jon
2020-12-30 11:17:55 Answered all my questions and this thread is closed. Thank you!
Jon
userHeadPic jonpointer
2020-12-13 09:34:09 Oh, sorry, another note - it looks like I could do this with the AD KEY Mode and the different resistor values. Yes? However, if I trigger Loop All with K3 and then later hit K6 to skip to the next song, will it then continue on looping all the songs, or will it stop after that song because K6 took it out of the loop all mode?
Thanks again!
Jon
userHeadPic jonpointer
2020-12-12 03:34:55 Thank you very much! I see the full function example now and it's clear - thank you!
One other question for using the DFPlayer Mini on it's own without an Arduino (section 3. I/O Mode in the instructions). I hooked it all up and it works great, but I noticed that it only plays one song and then stops, until you temporarily ground IO1 to go to the next song. Is there a way in this I/O mode to have it continue to play the next song or does that require the Arduino setup with code?
Thanks again!
Jon
userHeadPic jonpointer
2020-12-04 10:26:22 If you have downloaded the library file, you should be able to find an example called FullFunction. Then you can find a function called enableLoopAll() in it, which is the function of loop playback. You can also find various other ways to use it, if you are still confused, you can use Mind+
http://mindplus.cc/en.html
userHeadPic 347945801