ArduinoTroubleshooting

Problems with sensor and RTC and Arduino nano

userHead iforire 2021-12-04 17:16:11 392 Views1 Replies
Dear all,

i'm totally a beginner here (and in Arduino), so I hope I won't break any rules.
I've got an arduino nano and a Arduino Nano IO Shield SKU DFR0012.
I've managed to connect a pH sensor and a SD card, and to record the data.
Now, i'd like to add some sensors (let's begin with the Gravity I2C VEML7700 Ambient Light Sensor SKU SEN0228) and a RTC (the Gravity I2C DS1307 RTC Module SKU DFR0151) to record the time at the same time of the measurements.
First I had a lot of problems with the libraries, but now I think I understand more or less how it works, so I can compile the program examples and download them to the nano.
But it seems that my connections are not good as it does not recover any data (just 0.00 lux for the light sensor and no connection for the RTC).
I have connected both sensors to the IC/TW ports of the shield (5V/GND/SCL/SDA) which seems the way to do it, right?
Did I do something wrong?
I've tried to make a picture of the set-up, hope it will help (edit : sorry it does not seem to work)

Thanks a lot,
Cheers
2023-01-17 14:13:09

Hi!

Please select the switch according to the nano version.

The blue wire (scl) of the module connects to the scl of the shield. The green wire (sda) connects to the shield's sda. vcc-5V,gnd-gnd.

Please pay attention to the power supply. https://wiki.dfrobot.com/Arduino_Nano_IO_Shield__SKU__DFR0012_

userHeadPic jenna