DF-ROB0103 spider robot

userHead PETERKENNEDY 2022-08-26 18:41:53 957 Views1 Replies

I recently purchased DF-ROB0103 spider robot (that part works well)

a Romeo BLE Mini (DFR0351)

and a Sharp GP2Y0A21 Distance Sensor (10-80cm) (SEN0014)

Now what ide like to do is make a basic collision avoidance robot

1>for now if the robot just went forward and backward avoiding collisions is this possible?

2>Do I need to purchase a second kit to assemble the avoidance robot and is there a pdf document available that I could use to help

assemble the second robot design.?

2022-08-27 16:15:37

I have a plan, One thing I noticed was its very hard to get the legs firm enough that the robot fails to be able to turn, thats why I figured simple AI forward and backward may give the desired effect im after with one motor.

I am thinking the above may be achievable without the second kit but with a form of jockey wheel like in my diagram The small wheel at bottom would need to be bigger its purely a diagram but the red is kind of a fork system and the white at top would be how a servo connects to steer. This would only need to be placed at either front or back of robot possibly even under it. Im not sure what others think, still very new to modelling and printing but if anyone has a model they would like to share for the project It would be greatly appreciated along with any advice 

userHeadPic PETERKENNEDY