General

3d printed robot arm

userHead BobbyTanomred 2022-11-05 12:23:15 728 Views1 Replies

I've seen there is a few designs on how to print and make a robotic arm and is really cool, but is there an excuse to make one that's also productive?

2022-12-22 18:26:44

This is what I've accomplished thus far:

I am able to use OpenCV and Machine Learning to identify the die and the paper marked with 'X' and extract the coordinates in the image where the die is located (right now my camera is not located directly above the area of operations)I am able to determine the orientation of the die (i.e. 30 degrees clockwise, 42 degrees anti-clockwise, etc) - this is important because the robotic arm uses a caliper-like clipper to pick up the die and I would not want it to hold the die insecurely by the cornerI am also able to code a program to move the robotic arm (something like servo1 to turn 30 degrees clockwise, servo2 to turn 40 degrees anti-clockwise, etc)

However, I have no idea how I could code the robotic arm to pick up the die. The die and the X in the photo are for illustration purposes only, their location could change to any spot inside the area of operation.

What is really depressing is I can't come up with any strategy. Hopefully, someone can advise on some principles and recommend some strategies - I'm not asking for code because I am confident to code my own software. I also don't think the programming language is important at this point but if it helps, I am using Python for this project - are there any libraries for such a task already? I felt like I have searched the entire web but haven't found any helpful tutorials on this yet.

Also, if it's helpful - I come from a web-software developer background usually https://chatrandom.download/omegle/ coding in HTML, CSS, and Javascript. Python was the first https://echat.date language I've managed  to master to a competent degree before I started coding with web technologies. I have some experience in C during my high school but have not coded in C for more than 10 years already.

Thanks for any help.

userHeadPic BobbyTanomred