TroubleshootingArduino

SEN0460 - Gravity: PM2.5 Air Quality Sensor

userHead Pedro.Ferreira 2022-12-20 19:24:48 871 Views7 Replies

Hi,

I've been using the SEN0460 - Gravity: PM2.5 Air Quality Sensor for the last couple of weeks and it was working fine, I could see the values go up when I approached a dusty box and values go down when I open the window.

A few days ago I had all zeros, so I unplugged the Arduino, plugged it again and all worked fine again.

But now its getting worst, sometimes all detected values are zero for a long time, even after unplugging / re-plugging, and sometimes it looks like working or at least the detected values are not zero.

Am I missing something or do I have an hardware issue?

My code:

m_pm01 = this->m_pSensorRef->gainParticleConcentration_ugm3(PARTICLE_PM1_0_STANDARD);
    m_pm25 = this->m_pSensorRef->gainParticleConcentration_ugm3(PARTICLE_PM2_5_STANDARD);
    m_pm10 = this->m_pSensorRef->gainParticleConcentration_ugm3(PARTICLE_PM10_STANDARD);

SerialPrintSensorName(sensorName[0], m_pm01, true);
    SerialPrintSensorName(sensorName[1], m_pm25, true);
    SerialPrintSensorName(sensorName[2], m_pm10, false);

delay(1000);

SerialPrintSensorName function just serial prints the name and the value, with a comma at the end if the flag is true, quite simple.

So basically I'm getting the three particle sizes for ugm3 every second. Sometimes it looks like working, I have values, and sometimes its all zeros.

Can it be an issue with the detector chip that sometimes gets blocked? Is there a way to get its status or send a reset?

Where can I find the datasheet of this chip?

Thanks in advance for your help

2023-11-27 18:39:21

Sounds like a loose connection or an inadequate power supply problem. Since dfrobot team has already contacted you, I hope you'll find a solution very soon. You can also consider making an Air quality sensor breakout board. Here is a design based on CCS811. You can take a look at this design:

https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/CCS811_Air_Quality_Breakout_Board.html

userHeadPic lia.ifat
2023-11-25 17:47:52

I have exactly the same behaviour. Pedro.Ferreira, how was it solved for you?

userHeadPic Nigel.Stephens
2023-06-04 16:47:07

Does the sensor need cleaning after some days? Hope dfrobot will give a proper guideline to solve this issue.

userHeadPic bidrohini.bidrohini
2023-06-03 22:03:55

I am seeing the same thing with this sensor - 0.3 and 0.5 show values, but 1.0 and 2.5 are always zero. Occasionally there will be a small value on PM10 but it returns to zero on the following reading.

userHeadPic phzi
2023-05-02 23:12:21

Hi Pedro,

I have now the same issue with you in the SEN0460 sensor, all output data becomes zero.

could please let me know if you found any solutions for it?

Best

userHeadPic Luning.Li2020
2023-01-30 11:58:53

Hi PedroSorry for the inconvience.

Could you please first try the demo code in Wiki page? It can help us diagnosis whether it is a software issue or not.

https://wiki.dfrobot.com/Gravity_PM2.5_Air_Quality_Sensor_SKU_SEN0460

For the datasheet of chip, We don't have Datasheet with English version, but i manager to find one for you online.

https://botland.store/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=4115

If these methods do not solve the problem, you are free to contact our Tech support team via email, so that we can help you better.

[email protected]

Hope it can help you.

userHeadPic Tonny12138
2022-12-20 23:06:44

This is my test app written in C#, all values are sent via COMM port, everything is triple checked and its not an issue with value transmission.

Top chart are from gainParticleConcentration_ugm3 function with each of the different types.

Bottom chart are from gainParticleConcentration_ugm3 with also each of the different possible types.

It is strange that we have some values for PARTICLENUM_0_3_UM_EVERY0_1L_AIR and PARTICLENUM_0_5_UM_EVERY0_1L_AIR in bottom chart but nothing in top chart… In fact its like there are only 0.3u and 0.5u particles… but a couple of days ago I had values in all of them…

userHeadPic Pedro.Ferreira