General

Gravity Analog TDS Sensor Coefficients

userHead DatFatTim 2023-03-09 21:05:36 347 Views2 Replies

I am a student currently developing a water quality sensor for a project. I have purchased your TDS and temperature sensor to get a general idea on how it works. Everything turned out to work perfectly fine, as I used a more expensive TDS sensor as a reference point and the output values were quite similar. When looking into the code however, I saw that once the analog reading was converted into a voltage value, to convert the value into Electrical Conductivity, you used the following formula:  

(133.42V^3 – 255.86V^2 + 857.39V)*KValue

I am very curious as to how you guys obtained these coefficients as I have looked every where and cannot find the reasoning. Can you tell me how you got these coefficients for this cubic polynomial? 

Thank you and kind regards

2023-03-09 21:19:28

Maybe they derived the equation from the characteristic curves of CD4060BM and LMV324. I personally used this sensor.  

userHeadPic bidrohini.bidrohini
DatFatTim wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

This is a possibility. Can you explain how you got this idea? The sensor uses this counter so I looked into the characteristics of the CD4060BM in the datasheet but couldn't find related values. I also sent them an email because I want to understand how they got to these values.

Thanks again. 

2023-03-09 21:40:39
1 Replies