ArduinoTroubleshooting

Turbidity Sensor (SKU: SEN0554) Communication Protocol, Resolution, and Usage

userHead shay671 2023-03-22 20:26:52 664 Views2 Replies

Hello,

I am planning to use the non-contact turbidity sensor (SKU: SEN0554) with an Arduino, and I have some questions about the communication protocol, the resolution of the sensor, and its usage as a through-hole sensor. I would appreciate any clarification on the following points:
          1- In the communication protocol, there are commands for reading "dirty data" and "AD data". Can you please explain the difference between these two types of data? Is the "dirty data" a processed or scaled version of the raw AD data?

2-

The provided code in the documentation reads the "dirty data" with an 8-bit resolution (0-255). Is it possible to obtain a higher resolution by reading and processing the raw AD data? If so, how should the two bytes of the AD value be combined and interpreted to obtain the final turbidity level?

3-Is it possible to increase the ADC resolution of the sensor itself, for example, to 12-bit, 14-bit, or 16-bit? If so, how can this be achieved, and how would the communication protocol be affected?

4-

Can this sensor be used as a through-hole sensor, with the probes in direct contact with the solution being tested? If so, are there any special precautions or considerations to be aware of when using it in this manner?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to your response.
Shay

2023-10-19 17:18:39

The reason i ask all this is that this product is much more suiting my project because it has 2 separate sensor parts comparing to the “Gravity: Analog Turbidity Sensor for Arduino”  but i want to know if im loosing here resolution as the “Gravity: Analog Turbidity Sensor for Arduino” could get high resolution with an ADC of 16 bit like in the arduino GIGA analog pins.So please if u may - explain to me if im loosing a lot of resolution with this one comparing to the “Gravity: Analog Turbidity Sensor for Arduino” (i already bought several of both types, and now thinks which to use)

userHeadPic shay671
2023-06-08 14:25:09

The range 0ntu~2837ntu is used for reference turbidity value. When the dirty data is 80, the corresponding turbidity value is 49. The range of AD data is 0~4095, and the value of dirty data is 0~255.

If the AD data is 0X64, the decimal is 100.Map it to 0~255, 255*100/4095=6, the dirty data is 6.The corresponding voltage is 5V/255*6=0.1v

This non-contact turbidity sensor detects water quality by measuring the level of turbidity. Based on optics principle, it is capable of detecting light transmittance and scattering rate of the liquid in transparent cylinder containers with a diameter of 40-50mm, which then will be output as an analog value within a certain range that reflects the level of liquid turbidity.

userHeadPic jenna