ArduinoGeneral

DFR0258 stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

userHead Ant.KAd 2023-04-07 20:37:20 276 Views3 Replies

Hello all,

I am trying to use the DFR0258 Shield for serial comms, but I run into a problem where I get this stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout error the moment I install the shield on the arduino board. I get the sam error regardless if I use a mega2560 board, or an uno.

I also get this same error on all 2 of the dfr0258's.

if I remove the shield I load the code no problem. 

if I install the shield and switch it off, the code installs.

help please

2023-04-11 16:27:51

thank you, I have now successfully uploaded the code to the board (UNO). I have also tried the code that you suggest, and using the serial monitor I can enable the LED with (V).

However, when I connect a serial cable from my RFID reader in this case, I do not see any data coming into the serial minitor.

I then connected the shield to the PC, and using a Hyper terminal, I see that the PC received the (V) when I input the V into the Arduino. so it seems that Arduino can send data via the shield.

when I send something from the PC to the shield I do not see that on Serial monitor, so it seems the RX on the shield is not communicating with the UNO.

Please assist…

userHeadPic Ant.KAd
Yeez_B wrote:

Have you got the multimeter to measure if the third PIN of BD9 is well connect to the D0 on the shield.

If it's well connected that means the shield is fine.

Then I think this may because your DB9 on your PC does not use third PIN as TXD.

It is recommended that you check your motherboard specification sheet to determine the correct pinout for TXD.

Or you could use a RS232-USB converter to debug with the shield and you PC.

Like this module:

https://www.dfrobot.com/product-2291.html

2023-06-21 16:38:24
1 Replies
2023-04-11 15:20:41

Please turn off.

userHeadPic jenna