URM09

userHead ing.learditi 2023-04-12 21:02:46 554 Views2 Replies

Good morning,

I have a problem with URM09 (i2c version).

I use it with raspberry pi zero w.

Connection and code are correct.

i have noticed that if i put urm09 near raspberry, then urm09 returns unstable measures (random between correct measure +/- 3 or 4 cm, sometimes returns 0). if i put urm09 at the max distance from raspberry (connection is made with jumper wires 20 cm), then the measure is correct and stable.

i suppose there are some interferences, but i don't know what and why.

i have bought in the last few months at least 5 urm09 and they all do the same thing.

same thing with both 5v original power supply of raspberry kit and with other 5v power supplies.

i tried also with different pi zeros, same thing.

can pi zero w generate electromagnetic interferences? or maybe the magnetic field generated by the current flowing in the jumper wire? or maybe interferences with wifi?

someone can help me? thanks

2023-05-24 14:28:03

The Raspberry Pi Zero W contains various electronic components that can generate electromagnetic fields. These fields might interfere with the operation of the URM09 sensor. To mitigate this, you can try shielding the sensor or increasing the distance between the sensor and the Raspberry Pi Zero W.

userHeadPic bidrohini.bidrohini
2023-04-18 11:28:04

Please try to connect a urm09 to eliminate the interference of multiple i2C signals.

Digital I2C isolation module:https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1778.html

userHeadPic jenna