General

SEN0539-EN Circuitpython Driver?

userHead jpeters71 2023-06-09 22:58:28 380 Views1 Replies

Hi All.  I have a need to use this sensor with a couple of different projects I have in the works. One running on an ESP-32 processor and another running on a raspberry pico.  My thought was I could write a circuitpython driver for it so I could use it in any project that supports circuitpython (these processors as well as many others).

I've been trying to translate the arduino driver to circuitpython, but so far, I haven't had much success.  I haven't been able to get any values back reading/writing to the I2C interface.  Mind you, I've written I2C based drivers for other devices for use with circuitpython that have worked well.  I can't seem to figure out what I'm missing.  Since there's no datasheet for this sensor, I feel like I'm kind of wandering around in the dark here.  

Specifically, trying to get the command ID always seems to return 0; as do calls to the get the wake time. Changing the volume or wake time don't seem to work either.  It's like the I2C bus isn't working at all, but the device address is definitely recognized by the I2C controller when powered up.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

2023-06-11 10:53:43

Not available. Circuitoython libraries are usually available for adafruit modules.

userHeadPic bidrohini.bidrohini