TroubleshootingArduino

Want to program SEN0521 radar sensor but can't find data sheet

userHead Nick.Jones 2023-06-17 16:14:01 523 Views7 Replies

I'm trying to find a data sheet for the SEN0521 radar sensor because I want to program it directly rather than using the dfrobot radar sensor library. It seems to use an 58S32 chip from AirTouch , but I can't find any online data sheets for that chip. Has anyone managed to find a data sheet or a description of the serial interface commands used by this chip?

Nick

2023-07-17 10:58:42

Regarding the SEN0521 radar sensor and the 58S32 chip from AirTouch, if you are unable to find a data sheet or a description of the serial interface commands online, it's possible that the information is not publicly available or may be proprietary to the manufacturer. In such cases, it can be challenging to program the sensor directly without the necessary documentation.

To proceed, I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer or supplier of the SEN0521 radar sensor. They should be able to provide you with the relevant technical documentation, including the data sheet and programming information for the 58S32 chip. They may have specific resources or support channels available for developers working with their products.

Contacting the manufacturer or supplier directly is usually the best course of action when seeking detailed technical information about a specific product. They will have the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding their products and can assist you further in programming the sensor without relying on third-party libraries.  roller baller

userHeadPic Thomas.Edison
2023-06-19 17:40:10

I've read the DFRobot_Microwave_Radar_Module library code and reverse engineered the serial commands from that. But I have the feeling that this chip can do things that aren't exposed in the library code hence my desire for the data sheet. 

userHeadPic Nick.Jones
2023-06-19 11:35:47

We will update the relevant information. Thanks for your patience.

userHeadPic jenna
jenna wrote:

pls check the doc:

https://dfimg.dfrobot.com/nobody/wiki/a026f24e0897caa7a4e63381e69dcde3.pdf

2023-06-21 11:34:00
1 Replies
2023-06-19 09:33:36

The SEN0521 is not disclosed the datasheet I think.

I think you could write the code base on the Arduino Library.

The SEN0521is using the serial communication.

And the command you need to sent is basicly some string

As for the distance read fuction, I think you could even directly copy this part of code.

The source code is on the:

https://github.com/DFRobotdl/DFRobot_Microwave_Radar_Module

userHeadPic Yeez_B
2023-06-17 22:51:02

I'd seen that but what I wanted was the chip documentation so I could program it myself instead of using the DFRobot_Microwave_Radar_Module library. 

userHeadPic Nick.Jones
2023-06-17 19:39:47

Arduino sample code is here in this wiki page: https://wiki.dfrobot.com/SKU_SEN0521_5.8GHz_Microwave_Radar_Module

userHeadPic bidrohini.bidrohini