TroubleshootingGravity

SEN0539-EN Audio output level problem

userHead Steve.Walsh 2023-07-24 23:04:12 316 Views2 Replies

I just received this neat little module. I tried the I2C Arduino code to turn on/off an LED. It all works fine to start with, but after a few cycles - I can hardly hear the announcements anymore. I tried various asr.setVolume() values, but the output volume of the on board speaker still drops to almost inaudible. If I power off then on, it works again for a few seconds and then drops off. Am I doing something wrong, or is this module faulty?

2023-07-26 15:45:16

Hi,

I'm using the sample code that you cited on an Arduino Uno with a known good external supply. Internal speaker, but I'll try an external LS. I will also try UART mode. Nothing appears to be getting hot.

Thanks.

userHeadPic Steve.Walsh
2023-07-25 15:24:40

Hi!

Could you tell me which controller is used with the SEN0539-EN? 

Check your power supply: Ensure your module has a consistent and sufficient power supply. If the power supply is not stable or not strong enough, it can cause the volume to drop or fluctuate. If you're powering your module through your Arduino, try using an external power supply instead and see if that makes a difference.

Try different speakers: If you're using the onboard speaker, try connecting an external speaker to the module and see if the problem persists. If the volume is fine on the external speaker, the issue might be with the onboard speaker.

Board Overview

Check your code: pls try the example of the wiki. https://github.com/DFRobot/DFRobot_DF2301Q 

Check for overheating: If the module is getting very hot, it could be a sign of a hardware problem. 

Try a different module: If you have access to UART mode, try using that and see if you encounter the same problem. If the problem doesn't occur with the other mode, it's likely that the mode you're currently using is faulty.

userHeadPic jenna