How to use Raspberry pi like UNIHIKER board with Mind+?

userHead kazueda 2023-12-24 15:34:07 496 Views6 Replies

Hello all.  I am trying to use raspberry pi like the UNIHIKER board.  When I connected to my raspberry pi from my Mind+ on windows10 machine in use of SSH protocol, there was an error of the message “mp_file_name.mp is uploading, please wait...Project upload error, Error: No such file” on the terminal windows and the program stopped before executing the uploaded python script.  But my python script file was transferred to my Raspberry pi and I could find a corresponding python script on a directory of ~/mindplus/cache/mp_file_name.mp/.cache-file.py.

Do you have some idea to overcome this error?

2024-01-22 12:50:04

At this time, Mind+ Python mode is only compatible with the Unihiker board and does not support Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately, the program's inability to execute smoothly is caused by its exclusive recognition of absolute routes. 

userHeadPic Reed.Avery
2024-01-21 16:15:50

[SOLUTION]

As a root user, I made a directory named “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages”.

In that directory a “.pth” file is made by MIND+.

After that the uploaded python script is executed on my raspberry pi machine.

You can use apply this modification to any linux machines, maybe.

"Sftp" is used as a file transfer protocol.  

userHeadPic kazueda
2024-01-19 13:15:16

Thank you for your reply.  I will confirm in accordance with you comments.

userHeadPic kazueda
2024-01-17 16:45:23

The Mind+ Python mode currently supports the Unihiker board but does not cater to Raspberry Pi. When attempting to run the program, it only recognizes absolute paths, thereby hindering smooth execution. 

The official Mind+ team may resolve this issue in future updates.

userHeadPic Afra
kazueda wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  I will check the dirctory structure of the UNIHIKER. 

2024-01-19 13:14:21
1 Replies
2024-01-03 14:56:15

Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot and overcome this error:

1. File Path Issues:
  - Ensure that the file path to your Python script doesn't contain any spaces or special characters. Sometimes, certain characters can cause issues during the upload process.

2. File Naming:
  - Check the file name of your Python script. Avoid using special characters or spaces in the file name, and make sure it has a `.py` extension.

3. Mind+ Version:
  - Make sure you are using the latest version of the Mind+ software. Check for updates and install the latest version suika game if available.

4. Permissions:
  - Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to write files to the target directory on your Raspberry Pi. You can use the `chmod` command to modify permissions if needed.

```bash
    chmod +x /path/to/your/script.py

userHeadPic Brown.Sunny