General

TEL0161 CPOF Command

userHead Peter.Stewart 2024-07-18 11:49:04 24 Views1 Replies

If you issue the AT command “AT+CPOF”, this powers down the SIM7600G Module on the TEL0161, I believe. How do you power it up again? I read somewhere that issuing the “AT+CFUN=1” command enables the SIM7600G again. Is that correct? I thought when the SIM7600G powers down, the UART circuit also powers down. In which case, you would have to remove power and reapply power to start it up again. I must admit, I have not tried this out as I have the TEL0161 installed in my car at the moment functioning as a Car Tracker. I found the power consumption fairly high and when the car is stationary, the car is not supplying power to the Car Tracker. It is relying on an internal Li-Ion battery. So I am looking at ways to reduce power consumption from the internal Li-Ion battery. Any help would be appreciated.

2024-07-19 16:36:14

Well, I retrieved my Car Tracker and tried out the “AT+CPOF” command. It powers down the TEL0161, but it then automatically reboots. There is no power reduction. The TEL0161 still draws the same amount of current. I tried all the variants of the “AT+CFUN=x” command and none caused a reduction in current being drawn. I think I am going to have to resort to a hardware solution to reduce the current being drawn.

userHeadPic Peter.Stewart