GravityGeneral

Wide angle lens for SEN0158 - Gravity: IR Positioning Camera For Arduino

userHead mariocaptain 2024-08-01 13:50:59 93 Views2 Replies

I bought the SEN0158 for my application but I found that the Fiels of View of the camera (Horizontal detecting angle: 33 degrees, Vertical detecting angel: 23 degrees) are a little narrow for my application. I would like to fix a wide angle lens to increase the Fields of Views to around 90 degrees or more. 

What I did was I bought a M12-mount, 2.8mm CCTV camera lens (whose field of view is 105 degrees) to put on this camera. I remove the IR filter out of the camera case to expose the camera module inside with it tiny lens. Then I put the CCTV lens on top of the camera module, making sure that their axes align.

But it doesn't work. And it not about the lack of the IR filter; without the filter, the camera still work well.

Does anyone know why it doesn't work, or are there commercial wide angle lenses for this camera?

2024-08-02 00:09:57

The SEN0158 camera module may not be designed to accommodate M12-mount lenses directly. The alignment and fitting might be off, causing issues with focusing and image formation.

userHeadPic lia.ifat
2024-08-01 14:24:48

userHeadPic mariocaptain