How to selectUNIHIKER

DC Motor Recommendation(s)

userHead Matha.Goram 2024-08-11 05:45:20 34 Views2 Replies

Hello,

I would like to use the 2x3A DC Motor Driver Carrier Board for UNIHIKER (DFR1136) with the UNIHIKER. Other than the DC motor (the yellow one!) illustrated in the introductory tutorial, is there another DC  motor that any user can recommend?

I need encoder output for my application and that yellow one would not meet my needs. The catalog lists the following:

FIT0493

FIT0185

FIT0403

I need to interface through the carrier board only to drive four Mecanum wheels. Suggestions welcome. This inquiry is limited to accessory selection only,  please. Thanks.

Regards.

2024-08-12 12:22:13

In response to your question, I checked the specifications of FIT0493, FIT0185, and FIT0403. The Stall Current for all three products exceeds 3A, so I believe these three motors are not suitable for use with the DFR1136 drive board. You should choose a motor with a Stall Current of less than 3A.

In addition, the DFR1136 drive board only has two motor drives, which is not enough to drive four Mecanum wheels. You need to add two additional single-channel motor drive boards (such as L298N or TB6612 boards) or choose the DFR0548 four-channel motor drive board. Refer to this project: https://community.dfrobot.com/makelog-313495.html.

userHeadPic LL
Matha.Goram wrote:

Thanks for your detailed reply. I guess I was too lazy to read the specs correctly. Your reply contains exactly the information that I need to proceed. The DFR0548 makes more sense to me. Appreciate it.

It would be nice to get encoder output from the motors directly rather than from external sensors (from the wheels or auxiliary wheels with attachments) since the planned robots are small.  I may have to go this route but at least the DFR0548 is a good starting point. Anyway, please consider my inquiry as resolved.

Regards.

2024-08-12 12:37:37
1 Replies