General UNIHIKER

SIoT Documentation

userHead Matha.Goram 2024-08-11 23:51:38 24 Views2 Replies

Hello!

The Wiki at https://wiki.dfrobot.com/ doesn't UNIHIKER direction on the main pane. With the UNIHIKER OS stuck at buster while bookworm is the current version (never mind bullseye), the road map reminds me Intel Edison stuck at a yocto release many years ago. Linux Embedded is a challenge, and I am grateful for even the Buster support on UNIHIKER (even if my Python peers cast looks).

My question for this thread is on SIoT API documentation. Is there any link for us to browse? How to leverage our existing sensor applications (assuming that we are paho  and NodeRED literate) in UNIHIKER SIoT ecosystem? Thanks.

Regards.

2024-08-12 23:02:41

Thanks, @LL, once again for coming to the rescue. Again, I didn't drill down the pages earlier because Firefox kept blinking the pages making it difficult to read the material. However, thanks to your guidance, I will be persistent and scroll down.

The information on MQTT (and SMTP) at the link you provided is exactly what reassured me that I can leverage my code to test solutions quickly. Thanks.

Regards.

userHeadPic Matha.Goram
2024-08-12 12:40:29

The primary goal for UNIHIKER is stability and ease of use, hence it may not chase the latest updates aggressively. However, updates will not cease. The current plan mainly involves updating the hardware operating library pinpong. Future releases will strive to provide stable and testing versions to cater to different user needs.

As for SIoT, it is a local MQTT server that runs at /opt/unihiker/SIoT1.3/SIoT1.3_en/ using the standard MQTT protocol. The MQTT data transmission port is 1883, and the web management page is at port 8080. The login account is 'siot' with 'dfrobot' as the password. You can use the 'siot' library or 'paho' library in Python for operations.

Given that UNIHIKER's documentation is undergoing an upgrade and there is no dedicated introduction page yet, you can refer to the code in one of UNIHIKER's project tutorials at https://edu.dfrobot.com/makelog-313318.html.

userHeadPic LL