Bluno General Arduino

bluno M0 mainboard USBhost mode capabilities

userHead jason 2018-01-20 08:26:11 2107 Views0 Replies
Does anybody have info on using usbhost mode capabilities on this board. When I use other usbhost code from due or other samd boards they won't compile. I have also tried 3rd party libraries but haven't had any luck. I would also like to use HID functions on the usb port where the board is recognized as a keyboard. From the arduino site on the M0 board:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoM0
The USB connector of the Native port is directly connected to the USB host pins of the SAMD21. Using the Native port enables you to use the M0 as a client USB peripheral (acting as a mouse or a keyboard connected to the computer) or as a USB host device so that devices can be connected to the M0 (like a mouse, keyboard, or an Android phone). This port can also be used as a virtual serial port using the "SerialUSB" object in the Arduino programming language.
Just a note on the Bluno M0 the native port is called USBSerial instead of the more common SerialUSB.
The M0 has an efficient switching voltage regulator, compliant with the USB host specification. Using the Native port as USB host implies that the board has to provide power to the device, for example a mouse or a keyboard.