ArduinoGeneral

Weight sensor with funny wiring?

userHead lordthunder 2018-03-20 07:14:01 1617 Views2 Replies
I recently ordered two Gravity: Digital Weight Sensors (SKU:SEN0160)
When I hooked the first one up according to the wiring, (followed the wiki) uploaded the serial weight sample program, I am seeing expected values on the serial monitor. Everything worked as expected out of the box, yay!

Now I built an exact replica of the first set-up and I am getting weird readings from the sensor. I detached just the sensor rod from that set-up and hooked it up to the first one (that worked fine) and the same thing happens:

The sensor behaves as if it is upside down, and if you push it up, it seems to work fine in the 0-1kg range, only the readings are negative. In the direction it is supposed to work (according to the arrow sticker) it gives weird readings, similar to when I would load the first sensor the wrong way.

Any ideas what's happened here? I can 'remedy' the behavior by just swapping the white and green wires and negate the sensor readings, but it does seem a bit funny.
2018-03-22 04:03:10 I have 2 of everything. I tried the following:
Sensor1 + board1 + Arduino1 = OK
Sensor2 + board2 + Arduino2 = Not OK
Sensor2 + board1 + Arduino1 = Not OK (same as above)

The colored wires are in the same order on the sensor, and also on the same side. Physically both sensors look identical from the outside, even down to the 'N' and 'I' scratched into the metal at the same place.
userHeadPic lordthunder
2018-03-21 11:05:29 Have you try switch both weight sensor and the adaptor board to find out if the second sensor makes the weird outputs? It is possible that the sensor have some issue in manufacture. Did you also check if the wires on the sensors are in the same sequence. userHeadPic robert.chen