ArduinoGeneral

SEN0220 faulty readings

userHead Account cancelled 2018-05-24 20:57:36 2094 Views1 Replies
Hi.

I am using SEN0220 (purchased few weeks ago) sensor for active CO2 control. For few days tests the readings were within specs. Then, suddenly the readings change. Now I'm getting 640ppm for 1% CO2 99% N2 mixture. At ambient the reading halts at 395.

Sensor does still response to elevated co2 levels, but readings are way off.

I have only used the arduino code provided in the product wiki. Is it possible that the calibration parameters have been corrupted? How can I factory reset them?

The sensor works in my application and I was to purchase a bag of them. Now I'm having second thoughts...

edit:
I noticed very similar co2 probes in the market, that have some kind of 24-hour re-calibration feature. During my test, the sensor was measuring constant 20 000ppm co2. The sensor actually provided the feedback to keep it at this level. It was running more than 24h at that same concentration. Could this have messed up the reading?

T
2018-05-30 14:28:03 This sensor has 24-hour re-calibration feature, you can run the sensor in the fresh air for over 24 hours, the sensor would re-calibrated automatically, just put it in the room like outside. userHeadPic robert.chen