Bluno General Arduino

How to seutp BLUNO and just broadcast only.

userHead fullauto2009 2018-06-22 06:08:31 3792 Views4 Replies
I have a simple task.

Ive wrote some code to simply search for BT devices and if it returns specific hw addys as available, do xyz
I dont actually need to connect.

Im simply using the Bluno as a broadcast device to say device X is active. When Device X comes on, the Bluno receives 5VDC. thats it.

I have dloaded the arduino ide.
Went into AT Mode and set AT Mode to Default, baud rate to 11500.

Loaded a simple program:

void setup() {
Serial.begin(115200); //initial the Serial
}

void loop()
{

//Do nothing
// Probably should add a delay here at least.
}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also tried to set AT Mode = DEFPERIPHERAL.

Also, do I NEED a BLE reciever to see these devices? It seems like my laptop cant see it, but my RPi with a generic BT USB can..

Ill need to find the unique HW ID for each Bluno as eventually id like to have a few. So that I can do stuff when certain devices come on etc.

TIA
2018-06-30 02:50:45 Apparently discovering this device on a PC is not so easy. My phone can see the device.

Using a BT dongle on a PC, I cannot.
I bought a BT 4.0 + BLE Dongle, still cant see it.

If I plug the dongle into a Raspberry Pi, I can see it.
But my platform is Windows, not Linux..

I bought the BLE Link from DF Robot. I guess is the only option.
It comes in next week. So we'll see what happens then.
userHeadPic fullauto2009
2018-06-29 14:57:10 When Bluno powered up, it could be discovered. userHeadPic robert.chen
2018-06-28 23:55:13 I dont need it to connect. I just need it to be discoverable. When I scan for BT devices, bluno only need to show up userHeadPic fullauto2009
2018-06-28 17:14:25 Two Bluno devices would paired when get them close, I am not sure how you can use bluno to detect other devices, but to pair them, you need to use all Bluno, because only Bluno have compatible protocol to communicate. userHeadPic robert.chen