ArduinoGeneral

Help needed to get started with TB6600 stepper driver

userHead tom 2018-07-27 23:52:24 4958 Views4 Replies
I have followed the directions here https://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/ ... U:_DRI0043 but can't seem to get the motor to budge. I am using a raspberry PI 3 with Windows IoT and believe I have everything hooked up correctly. My question is on the control signals. Is there a way to "hot wire" these connections to test out the motor/driver setup? The diagram has the PUL- hooked to the signal pin on the Arduino, with the PUL+ hooked to +5v on the Arduino.

I know the motor is getting power and assume that ENA is high as the motor won't spin when under power. If I plug in the external +12v power supply, the motor wont spin if you try with your fingers. I believe this is the correct behavior but again would appreciate any comments.

Thanks.
2018-08-08 02:01:59 Thanks. Yes, common ground. I believe the controller input signals are 5v. Working with some servos that handle 3v and they work just fine. Have a stepper controller that handles 3v on order, maybe gets here today.

Thanks again.
userHeadPic tom
2018-08-01 15:31:55 The working voltage of the driver could also be 3.3V, have you tried to connect the same GND to try? userHeadPic robert.chen
2018-07-28 01:12:08 I think there may be an answer in the GPIO pins on the Pi only put out 3.3v and I think the controller needs 5v. Is that correct? userHeadPic tom
2018-07-27 23:54:17 One question I have is, since I am using an external power supply for the motor hookup, do I need to combine the ground from the Raspberry Pi with the ground on the 12v power supply?

Thanks again.
userHeadPic tom