ArduinoGeneral

EC Meter Submersion Period

userHead Account cancelled 2018-08-30 10:22:18 1566 Views1 Replies
I have recently purchased a pair of Gravity EC sensors for my hydroponic reservoirs in our labs at school. As part of our research, we will be targeting specific EC and would like to take daily automated readings. I read in the documentation that the probe should not remain submerged for prolonged periods. How long is an acceptable time? Also, how must the probe be stored when not in use?

I was thinking of designing a robotic arm that dips the probe and then removes it from the reservoir, but I would need to know if it should rest in storage solution while not in use or if it can remain suspended in air.
2018-08-30 11:57:28 Hi
The EC meter is a laboratory level sensor, so it's better to use it each time when you want to measure the EC value, if you keep it under water for a long time, the lifetime of the probe would decrease dramatically, so we recommend not always submerge in water. And after using it, you need to clean it and dry the probe, then you can just put it in the air, so if you want to design the robotic arm, you'd better clean it and dry it before stop using.
userHeadPic robert.chen