ArduinoGeneral

DFRobot Relay Shield V2.1 Power input?

userHead rpeace42 2019-02-11 03:58:04 4325 Views2 Replies
When we connect the relay shield to our romeo ble and a 12v power supply to the shields servo power nothing happens.
I would expect the Shields power led to turn on.
Volt meter confirms 5v from the romeo is comming up through the shields connectors and 12v reading from the servo pwr terminals. What am i Missing. I thought I might have a defective board but I get the same thing from a second one.

HELP or i need to find a different arduino company.
2019-02-12 04:54:58 yep, I figured that out.
The issue is resolved if I power the Romeo off the other side of the board next to the motor controllers.
The schematics https://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ying_Power shows "digital power" (called "servo power" on the board) next to the usb.
That's not the power input to run the Romeo. To Run romeo and in turn power the shield you need to use "External Power" next to the motors and turn on the power switch.
Not at all intuitive. The unfortunately documentation is bad. thanks for the help
userHeadPic rpeace42
2019-02-11 15:08:30 The servo PWR is for the servos' power, not for the whole power of the shield, you still need to power Romeo to power the shield. userHeadPic robert.chen