RoboticsGeneral

Maqueen v3.0 - I2C address - Schematic ?

userHead Account cancelled 2019-05-16 15:42:21 6328 Views5 Replies
Hi, I would like to use Maqueen Robot with micropython.
I used Mind+ in order to see the micropython code.
But when I tried directly with micropython, I can control LED, Buzzer for example but I can't light any Neopixels LED on Pin 15 and I can't open an I2C communication with the driver of the motors (I used 0x10 address).

Could you tell me if the I2C address is good ?
Could you send me the schematic of the v3.0 ? I only found the v2.0 and It seems that there are some differences with the motor driver between the two boards.

Thanks a lot for your help.
2019-09-05 01:38:15 I did the following actions:
- to install Mind + V1.5.6
- add the Maqueen bookstore
- The
I2C scan extension function

but I have a problem:

- Maqueen startup does not exist in the library

- Serial output of the block does not exist either.

Can you tell me how to work around this problem in order to scan the I2C as shown in your document.

Thank you in advance.
userHeadPic natdidhartmann
2019-08-20 14:14:38 Hi,
Here is an instruction about getting I2C address of a device installed on Maqueen platform. Hope it can help you.
http://mc.dfrobot.com.cn/thread-297397-1-1.html
userHeadPic xuegangxiao117
2019-07-25 16:32:27 @ BOTTIN Michael

I am after the same i2c address info to make use of the Maqueen in a different coding environment. I do not understand why the i2c address is being kept a secret. I can understand the schematics being proprietary.

Here is what I have done: I pinged the board with 0-127 i2c address range trying to read the registers. I got responses from address 25 and 30 (decimal). These are not the 0x10 (16) that is used in the code of i2c driver code on gitHub. However, I was not able to establish comms with the i2c as well.

DFRobot should disclose their 2c address and register use, so those who want can code their own version of the motor controls. Not everyone is interested in being locked down to block coding only. And this will also open up the kit for more advanced uses.
userHeadPic anonymous
2019-07-09 02:36:57 I am also very interested in the schematic of the new micro: Maqueen and hope you can sent it to me. userHeadPic anonymous