Easy IoT General

ecoduino xbee

userHead chorose 2013-04-10 15:21:50 16880 Views19 Replies
Hi everybody,
I have a problem using xbee with the ecoduino auto flower watering kit. I have a serie1 xbee with the default configuration. I use the following program on the ecoduino board :
Code: Select all
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.print('H');
  delay(1000);
  Serial.print('L');
  delay(1000);
}
When I try to read the transmitting data on the other side, using the sample program PhysicalPixel, nothing appear. The same programs with another arduino and the same configurations run well.
Is it a special configuration to use the xbee on the ecoduino ?
Thanks for the help ;)
2013-05-30 10:41:02 @chorose
@jorgea

Hi, please check weather the R12 is 10K(103). The manufacturer made a  low-level mistake that the R12 is 1K(102) . The R12 should be 10K(103) otherwise the Xbee will not work.
Can you change the resistor by yourself ? We are really sorry about that ...
The following picture is the layout of the board, So please check it.

Best
userHeadPic Phoebe
2013-05-30 10:41:02 @chorose
@jorgea

Hi, please check weather the R12 is 10K(103). The manufacturer made a  low-level mistake that the R12 is 1K(102) . The R12 should be 10K(103) otherwise the Xbee will not work.
Can you change the resistor by yourself ? We are really sorry about that ...
The following picture is the layout of the board, So please check it.

Best
userHeadPic Phoebe
2013-05-29 00:52:00 Are you still experiencing the same problem with Ecoduino? userHeadPic jorgea
2013-05-29 00:52:00 Are you still experiencing the same problem with Ecoduino? userHeadPic jorgea
2013-04-30 02:43:46 Hi,
Thank you or your test codes, but they don't work. I caan't establish communication through the XBee.
I neither can't send AT commands to the XBee on the ecoduino : I put empty setup() and loop() functions in the ecoduino and then use terminal to send AT commands (as I do with my other arduino).
It seems having a problem with the XBee connection on the ecoduino
Best 
userHeadPic chorose
2013-04-30 02:43:46 Hi,
Thank you or your test codes, but they don't work. I caan't establish communication through the XBee.
I neither can't send AT commands to the XBee on the ecoduino : I put empty setup() and loop() functions in the ecoduino and then use terminal to send AT commands (as I do with my other arduino).
It seems having a problem with the XBee connection on the ecoduino
Best 
userHeadPic chorose
2013-04-18 10:36:56 Hi
I have a couple of test codes. You can have a try.

Sender:
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
  Serial.print("wireless");
  Serial.println();
  delay(500);
}

Receiver:
void setup()
{
  Serial1.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
  if(Serial1.available()){
  Serial.write(Serial1.read());
  }
}

userHeadPic Jane
2013-04-18 10:36:56 Hi
I have a couple of test codes. You can have a try.

Sender:
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
  Serial.print("wireless");
  Serial.println();
  delay(500);
}

Receiver:
void setup()
{
  Serial1.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
  if(Serial1.available()){
  Serial.write(Serial1.read());
  }
}

userHeadPic Jane
2013-04-17 15:41:55 Hi,
I understand that I have to use Serial1 to communicate with the Xbee and Serial for the USB. I tried that but it didn't work. Here is the program on the ecoduino :
Code: Select all
void setup()
{
  Serial1.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial1.print('H');
  delay(1000);
  Serial1.print('L');
  delay(1000);
}
And the program on my other arduino connected with USB :
int incomingByte;      // a variable to read incoming serial data into

void setup() {
  // initialize serial communication:
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  // see if there's incoming serial data:
  if (Serial.available() > 0) {
    // read the oldest byte in the serial buffer:
    incomingByte = Serial.read();
    Serial.println(incomingByte);

}
}
I don't see any data on the Serial of this arduino. I tried to monitor the voltage of the Xbee on the ecoduino and the pins DIN and DOUT are about 0.8V which seems that data are not transmitted to the Xbee.
Best
userHeadPic chorose
2013-04-17 15:41:55 Hi,
I understand that I have to use Serial1 to communicate with the Xbee and Serial for the USB. I tried that but it didn't work. Here is the program on the ecoduino :
void setup()
{
  Serial1.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial1.print('H');
  delay(1000);
  Serial1.print('L');
  delay(1000);
}
And the program on my other arduino connected with USB :
int incomingByte;      // a variable to read incoming serial data into

void setup() {
  // initialize serial communication:
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  // see if there's incoming serial data:
  if (Serial.available() > 0) {
    // read the oldest byte in the serial buffer:
    incomingByte = Serial.read();
    Serial.println(incomingByte);

}
}
I don't see any data on the Serial of this arduino. I tried to monitor the voltage of the Xbee on the ecoduino and the pins DIN and DOUT are about 0.8V which seems that data are not transmitted to the Xbee.
Best
userHeadPic chorose
2013-04-17 10:56:56 @chorose

Hi, sorry for replay late.

Serial is if for communicating with PC. As you said , when you want to monitor the data with Arduino IDE ,you should use "Serial " not "Serial1".

But if you want to use Xbee to transmit data, you should use "Serial1" not "Serial"

Here is the details about serial of Leonardo:

Serial: 0 (RX) and 1 (TX). Used to receive (RX) and transmit (TX) TTL serial data using the ATmega32U4 hardware serial capability. Note that on the Leonardo, the Serial class refers to USB (CDC) communication; for TTL serial on pins 0 and 1, use the Serial1 class.

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardLeonardo

Best
userHeadPic Phoebe
2013-04-17 10:56:56 @chorose

Hi, sorry for replay late.

Serial is if for communicating with PC. As you said , when you want to monitor the data with Arduino IDE ,you should use "Serial " not "Serial1".

But if you want to use Xbee to transmit data, you should use "Serial1" not "Serial"

Here is the details about serial of Leonardo:

Serial: 0 (RX) and 1 (TX). Used to receive (RX) and transmit (TX) TTL serial data using the ATmega32U4 hardware serial capability. Note that on the Leonardo, the Serial class refers to USB (CDC) communication; for TTL serial on pins 0 and 1, use the Serial1 class.

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardLeonardo

Best
userHeadPic Phoebe
2013-04-13 05:28:36 Hi,
Thanks for your help.
I replaced Serial by Serial1 in my program on the ecoduino, but it doesn't work anymore. When I try to monitor the data with the serial monitor of Arduino IDE of my other arduino, nothing appears.
I have an ecoduino V1.0
Best
Chorose
userHeadPic chorose
2013-04-13 05:28:36 Hi,
Thanks for your help.
I replaced Serial by Serial1 in my program on the ecoduino, but it doesn't work anymore. When I try to monitor the data with the serial monitor of Arduino IDE of my other arduino, nothing appears.
I have an ecoduino V1.0
Best
Chorose
userHeadPic chorose
2013-04-12 11:59:18 @Chororse

The xbee socket is using the Serial1. So please modify the code a little bit (Serial -> Serial1) and test it again.

[quote="chorose"]
Hi everybody,
I have a problem using xbee with the ecoduino auto flower watering kit. I have a serie1 xbee with the default configuration. I use the following program on the ecoduino board :
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.print('H');
  delay(1000);
  Serial.print('L');
  delay(1000);
}
When I try to read the transmitting data on the other side, using the sample program PhysicalPixel, nothing appear. The same programs with another arduino and the same configurations run well.
Thanks for the help  ;)
[/quote]

Best
Lauren
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-04-12 11:59:18 @Chororse

The xbee socket is using the Serial1. So please modify the code a little bit (Serial -> Serial1) and test it again.

[quote="chorose"]
Hi everybody,
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.print('H');
  delay(1000);
  Serial.print('L');
  delay(1000);
}
Thanks for the help  ;)
[/quote]

Best
Lauren
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-04-11 13:28:33 Hi Chororse

which Ecoduino do you have?

Do you have any code working you could send to me by mail? I do not use Xbee communication so far

Cheers, Gernot 

[quote="chorose"]
Hi everybody,
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.print('H');
  delay(1000);
  Serial.print('L');
  delay(1000);
}
Thanks for the help  ;)
[/quote]
userHeadPic geab
2013-04-11 13:28:33 Hi Chororse

which Ecoduino do you have?

Do you have any code working you could send to me by mail? I do not use Xbee communication so far

Cheers, Gernot 

[quote="chorose"]
Hi everybody,
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.print('H');
  delay(1000);
  Serial.print('L');
  delay(1000);
}
Thanks for the help  ;)
[/quote]
userHeadPic geab
2013-04-10 15:21:50 Hi everybody,
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.print('H');
  delay(1000);
  Serial.print('L');
  delay(1000);
}
Thanks for the help  ;)
userHeadPic chorose