Bluno General Arduino

Beetle V1.1 and Android studio project - devices not seen

userHead amurrayf88 2020-03-26 19:38:08 125746 Views6 Replies
I am trying to do an app for Beetle V1.1 using Android Studio and the source code of Bluno Basic Demo published in GitHub. I was able to create a project, compile it successfully and upload it in my cellphone. However, when scanning for BLE devices, the window "BLE Device Scan" opens, but the list is not populated. With the APK of Bluno Basic Demo this list populates, and shows the Bluno.

Is there anything I am missing from this? Why can't I see any BLE device in my list?

Greetings,
Andy
2021-10-30 16:25:26 Free Apps for Android OS?
Visit Modpree website download free mod apk app and game mod apk 2021.
userHeadPic kanemeredither
2020-04-15 00:52:15
nana.wang wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:38 am
Hi Andy,
Thank you for your support and contact.
Have you set the Server and Host first?
Nana: everything is set as the demo asks. In fact, with the latest update of Android (version 10, security patch March 1, 2020), the BlunoBasicDemo APK doesn't populate the list anymore.
Could DF Robot update the demo? If this is suppossed to be for newbies, it should be updated accordingly.
userHeadPic amurrayf88
2020-04-15 00:48:39
This is not an issue, it is intended behaviour because BLE devices can give out location information. You must add the location services permissions, and if you are building against API 23+, you must ask for permissions in runtime.
You are completely right! I am a super-newbie in Android, and I have many problems asking these permissions in runtime. I have been trying to look for examples for BLE, but most of the code that I find use lower API's. The only one that has worked (populated the list) is this one:
https://github.com/Jasonchenlijian/FastBle

However, it is very difficult to understand. Do you know an updated tutorial (most/all don't have in mind this)? Or do you know a simple code to understand how to do it? Android's documentation is very confussing.
userHeadPic amurrayf88
2020-03-31 00:30:25
amurrayf88 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:38 am
I am trying to do an app for Beetle V1.1 using Android Studio and the source code of Bluno Basic Demo published in GitHub. I was able to create a project, compile it successfully and upload it in my cellphone. However, when scanning for BLE devices, the window "BLE Device Scan" opens, but the list is not populated. With the APK of Bluno Basic Demo this list populates, and shows the Bluno.

Is there anything I am missing from this? Why can't I see any BLE device in my list?

Greetings,
Andy
This is not an issue, it is intended behaviour because BLE devices can give out location information. You must add the location services permissions, and if you are building against API 23+, you must ask for permissions in runtime.
userHeadPic kegnapuydi