ArduinoGeneral

Gravity Non-contact liquid level sensor issue need help

userHead Account cancelled 2020-10-17 18:33:44 792 Views1 Replies
Hi everyone,

I ve just bought a gravity non liquid water level sensor and connected it to Arduino Mega clon.
I am having constant red light from the sensor when it detects water. Is this normal?
And currently I am testing it so in the final I will use it for a chrome water tank.

Here is the code that I use;
Code: Select all
int Liquid_level=0;
void setup() {
 Serial.begin(9600);
 pinMode(5,INPUT);
}

void loop() {
Liquid_level=digitalRead(5);
Serial.print("Liquid_level= ");
Serial.println(Liquid_level,DEC);
delay(500);
}
2020-11-10 09:45:27 The working principle of this sensor is to use the sensing capacitance of water to detect whether there is liquid. When there is no liquid close to the sensor, the sensor has a certain static capacitance to the ground due to the existence of distributed capacitance on the sensor. When the liquid level is slow When the sensor is slowly raised, the parasitic capacitance of the liquid will be coupled to this static capacitance, making the final capacitance value of the sensor larger, and the changed capacitance signal is then input to the control IC for signal conversion to convert the changed capacitance The change amount of a certain electrical signal is detected and judged by a certain algorithm. When the change amount exceeds a certain threshold, the liquid level is considered to reach the sensing point. userHeadPic 347945801