ArduinoGeneral

Converting a DF ROBOT Optical Liquid level Sensor to PCB

userHead Account cancelled 2021-01-24 22:48:16 512 Views1 Replies
Hi all,

I am quite new to this so forgive me if this is a naive or silly question to ask!

I am trying a project where I use this module (https://wiki.dfrobot.com/Liquid_Level_S ... 5#target_4) to detect water and have that output LED alerts and such. I have had no problem getting the code etc to work but for where it is going, it needs to be on something smaller than an Arduino Nano, a PCB.

I have been trying to use software, fritzing, that will help me take my breadboard and turn it into a PCB but I have fallen at this step with this sensor unit. I am especially confused because this one uses a breakout board to switch between 3.3 and 5V so I don't know if I need to include that? Additionally I was hoping to run all of this off a car battery so do I simply need to change the resistors to allow it to work with 12V?

If someone could help me work out how to put this onto a PCB or even direct me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
2021-01-26 09:55:40 You need a low dropout regulator on your PCB, and then connect the reduced voltage to our sensor into a loop. You can use RT8090. But I can’t help you with specific circuit design userHeadPic 347945801