HUSKYLENS Built In Object Recognition differentiation in API

userHead embeddedprogrammer 2022-09-12 20:38:20 1729 Views3 Replies

I am using the Huskylens with the Firebeetle 32E in a robotic application.  I am using the Arduino API and I wanted to use object tracking to track the “potted plant” built-in object while I drive a robot around.   

This did not work in Object Tracking Mode, so I tried it in Object Recognition mode and it worked great:

huskylens.writeAlgorithm(ALGORITHM_OBJECT_RECOGNITION);   

I received the block of the potted plant flawlessly.

The problem was that the block ID was always Zero.   If I encountered another built-in object, such as “tvmonitor”, the ID was also zero and I could not differentiate between the two objects.

Block:xCenter=145,yCenter=139,width=175,height=279,ID=0

Block:xCenter=146,yCenter=150,width=175,height=302,ID=0

Block:xCenter=146,yCenter=150,width=175,height=302,ID=0

1. So my question is how do I tell which built-in object I am recognizing?

or

2. How can I restrict recognition to a specific built-in object?

I included my sample sketch.  I do not want to have to “learn the object” IF POSSIBLE because I saw people are having a lot of problems with false positives and I am getting zero false positives with this method.

icon huskyTrack.zip 2KB Download(0)
2022-09-22 03:14:09

Thanks I will try that.

userHeadPic embeddedprogrammer
2022-09-19 16:18:11

Hi, You can use the object classification function and use bool writeLearn(int ID) to name objects, see the link below:

https://github.com/HuskyLens/HUSKYLENSArduino/blob/master/HUSKYLENS%20Arduino%20API.md

userHeadPic Winster
JWK wrote:

Hello,

I love your product and the built-in cat recognition feature. I would like to use this standard cat recognition for my project. However, all I'm getting is ID=0, just like "embeddedprogrammer" mentioned.

Moreover, if a dog or even my wife stands in front of the camera, I still get ID=0. Is it possible to recognize the cats implemented in the standard program?

I don't see how the bool writeLearn, as mentioned in the previous answer, will help me with this. If that is the solution, could you please provide more information on how to implement it?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,

JWK

2023-08-30 06:43:18
1 Replies