Sen0409 with Raspberry Pi Pico

userHead badw0lfen 2022-09-16 22:24:44 1541 Views2 Replies

Hi all,

I am relatively new to working with python, micropython and the embedded controls. I am attempting to use a sen0409 accelerometer to get X, Y and Z accelerations for computational purposes within a project. My problem is all of the examples on using this sensor is that it works on a full raspberry Pi or Arduino, but there isn't a micropython library that I can import to allow the functions that were created for standard python.

I've been communicating with I2C and have been able to read the device address and then read memory registers, using the basic machine.i2c library that comes with Micropython. My problem is that when I am writing to the SEN0409, it doesn't appear to be taking effect and I have not been able to initialize the SEN0409 or get it to populate the X, Y and Z acceleration registers listed in the documentation. Any help would be appreciated at this point as I'm starting to tear my hair out for this.

2022-09-23 10:26:06

Hi , You can try other open source LIS2DW12 Micropython library.

userHeadPic jenna
badw0lfen wrote:

can you please direct me to this? I haven't been able to find this at all. Alternatively, I have been able to access the direct registers using the normal machine I2C and directly read the data from the X, Y and Z but haven't entirely been able to derive the scale as the numpy.int8() function is not available in micropython. right now i'm just looking how I can take my raw data and convert it into mg or even m/s^2. Any help would be appreciated

2022-10-08 03:59:12
1 Replies